Chapter 6

Ash's POV

When dinner was ready, everyone sat in silence and ate. The traces of the crying attacks were gone except for this silence and the sadness in their eyes.

Em and Roxxie only had these attacks when something was said to them about it or when they see something that was used or seen 'there'. We hate seeing them like this. I know we haven't been there but we have torture just looking at them. They are and always will be our best friends since we were little. When they first came here they were five years old. They were little five year old girls who had seen death, felt torture and experienced pain. Lots of them.

Only Jayden knows a small portion of what happened but he was promised never to tell except for their mates. A small portion of it because no one knew when they arrived there. No one knew what happened there. No one knew. They only know that they were tortured badly and was in a lot of pain because when they arrived here, they were a mess. Full of blood, bruises, claw marks and tears. They had these cute little innocent eyes that seen the world at its terrible side. They've only seen death and not life.

When we used to play with them they asked all these questions. They knew nothing but was willing to learn. Maids had to help them change into and out clothes and bath them and some more little thing a five year old can do but they couldn't.

No one knew where they came from except 'there'. No one knew if their parents were alive or not until one day someone asked out of curiosity. That was me. My first big mistake. We were nine when I finally asked.

******Flashback******

We were playing in the garden and having a picnic on the spread out blanket.

As always Mike stole Jayden's cookies and ran off with Jayden following and screaming "I'm gonna kill you! Give me back me cookie". Hey we were nine so don't judge on our strange language and cookie madness. The cookie madness was before we discovered waffles that were covered in syrup.

So anyways they ran off screaming like demented people and left Em, Roxxie and I alone.

"I wonder if they going to be muddy again. Your mommy will kill them" Roxxie said.

That's when I thought where are there mommy and daddy because everyone has one.

"Where's your mommy and daddy?" I asked them.

They frose nd their smiles turned upside down. They then stared at me like I was an alien. Finally Em spoke with sadness in her voice as it was painful to say.

Em said, "if mommy and daddy were alive we wouldn't have came here".

Em burst her dam wall and cried for twenty four hours straight. No one could get her to stop. Roxxie was depressed. She never ate, slept, drank or spoke. I tried to say sorry but they wouldn't stop. Jayden's mom helped them to stop. She spoke calmly to them but they wouldn't stop until she said some words in french.

Je suis sûr que votre maman et papa aiment vous voir rire tous les jours.

They asked what that means and she told them and only them. No one else knew french so they don't know what she said. Even if you have google translate, you don't know how to spell it. That was there first crying attack. Now every other time they have one. One of them whispers it into the others ear to help them stop. I was grounded for a whole month but they said that I can't be because it was their fault. So I wasn't because they pulled the cute puppy-dog face at my parents and they magically changed their minds. I guess it was Em and Roxxie's way to forgive me.

******flashback*over******

So anyways, I was bored. This silence was killing me. So I put the radio on and our song came on. It is Toya Delazy - love is in the air. Everyone smiled at me and I was like what but then burst out laughing and we started abandoning our food (which only happens rarely) and dancing like crazy and singing along to it. We even had a dance for it. We left poor Kate behind staring at us idiots. She still doesn't understand us. She came from another pack so not really the party type. When we were finished we burst out laughing at her face. She looked so strange it was hard to describe. It happened every time she was near us when this happened. We would literary drop what we doing and dance. Let me just say. In this pack we are not the only ones that do this. It's strange when the adults do it because they have strange old songs.