Chapter 4

Kate's POV

I was busy reading my romantic book when my mate called. At first I was happy to get his call because when he speaks to me I feel like I'm in heaven but then I realized actually heard from one of my maids that he rushed out this afternoon with Ash and Mike for some unknown reason. I answered.

"Hello Jayden Ryder. Where have you been, my love?" I asked.

"Hi. Sorry I got a call from high school saying there was a fight with Em and Roxxie against the three trouble makers" he said.

"Why did they call you? Surely it wasn't that bad" I said.

"It was" he assured me.

"How was it bad?" I asked.

"Julia reminded them of the torture they had in the past. When we got there Roxxie fainted and Em looked  like a dam wall exploded" he said.

"Oh my god! Are they ok?" I asked.

"Yeah Roxxie is in bed now with Mike watching her and Ash is with Em who is reading lots of books. Can you come over for support? They need girl time" Jayden asked.

"Are you sure? It's risky" I said.

"I know you are going to go through you heat tonight but there's a lot of rooms here for us" Jayden said.

"Ok will go over there now" I said.

"Bye. Love you and be careful" my mate said.

"Love you too and I will. Bye" I said then pressed end call. I went to pack my bag with all the things I needed and left.

*******

A few minutes later I stood in front of the front door. When I knocked Jayden answered. We kissed for a few seconds and went in side. When I saw Emerald (I really don't like nicknames that much so I don't say them. No one complains anymore), I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Em sat on the couch in a protective position. You know legs pressed up against her body and head on her knees crying and rocking back and forth. Her book is neatly put down next to her.

"I thought you said she was reading" I said to Jayden.

"She was until after we chatted" he said.

"Oh my" I said and ran to sit next to Emerald.

"Emerald, are you ok?" I said.

No answer so I put my hand on her shoulder but she had this strange reaction like my hand was dangerous and she didn't like it. I quickly pulled my hand off and away from her. I looked at my mate and Ash with worry.

"Ok" Ash said dragging the word out.

We sat for a few minutes in silence well except for Emerald's sobs. I did not know what to do. Suddenly we heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Mike and Roxanne appeared. Mike's shirt is wet in some parts and Roxanne has tear strokes down her cheeks.

One look at Emerald and Roxanne forgot all of us. She darted towards the sobbing girl on the couch next to me. She was careful not to touch her friend's body. I'm guessing this is not the first time this kind of thing happened. Even with my super werewolf hearing, I never heard or processed any words that Roxanne whispered in Emerald's ear. It was like it was in a different language. Some things I don't even know about them pop up in the air that I don't have a clue about.

It seems like she heard or understood her friends words because Emerald stopped hugging her legs and started crying on Roxanne's shoulder.

******

A few minutes later crying turned into sobs than sobs turned into quietness. It became too quiet than you can hear a pin drop.

"Let's eat" I heard a shaken voice say.

I looked up and saw Roxanne stand up and walk into the kitchen area pulling quiet Emerald, by the hand, behind her. When they left, Jayden, Mike, Ash and me all looked at each other. I saw they were all tired and sadness radiated off of them. My wolf was urging for me to say something but what can I say? Your inner wolf can chat to you through your mind. No one knows that you chatting to them until they see that you are not paying attention.

'Ask them what will happen tonight with our heat' my wolf, Tralelia, said.

'But what if they stay quiet? What then?'

'Well then tap on our delicious mate's shoulder' she purred.

'Wow! We not even in our heat yet and you are already purring like some sex addict'

'What can I say? Our mate is furiously hot that my heart, well ours, sore. You know I can make you feel that way?' She said with happiness in her voice.

"Kate" I heard my mate say, taking me out my thoughts.

"Yeah" I said.

"Must I show you your room? You know for the heat thing tonight" he said trailing his hand through his shiny golden brown hair. I felt my heart beat go faster.

'Tralelia, stop messing with me' I told my wolf.

'It's not me. You know you want it. Go and get it' she said with a smirk on her wolfy face.

Well I think she is because I cannot see her. I rolled my eyes and answered my nerve-wreaking mate.

"Yeah sure. At least I can make myself comfortable while you bring me my food" I said grinning.

He chuckled and said, "Well at least you felling better".

I smile at him and followed him into the room hidden away from the rest of the house. I wonder if they even know that this room is here. I beg to differ. This grand room doesn't have a speck of dust anywhere. The huge king-sized bed looks and feels so heavenly and comfy like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. The whole room is this velvet colour that makes me feel like a fancy queen.

"I love it" I said laying back onto the bed.

"I knew you would" Jayden said kissing me on the lips until we couldn't breathe no more. We rested our foreheads against each other and stared in each others eyes until my tummy had to grumble. He burst out laughing.

"Well I guess we have to eat before any more activities happen" he said.

"Me and my tummy couldn't agree more" I said smiling.

(Hey guys! Hope you liked my chapter. Sorry it toke so long. I tired to make it longer and homework killed me. But will write a lot tomorrow so don't give up on me!
Love
C  <3 )