Chapter 8

The loud clash of thunder startled me awake, my heart was racing. I soon calmed down and my heart returned to normal paces, "You ok?" Connor sat up and rubbed his eyes then yawned, "Yea.. Just woke up from the storm. Sorry if I woke you up." I apologized, "Its ok. Just go back to sleep." I nodded then closed my eyes and tried to return back to my peaceful sleep. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful at falling back to sleep, I continued to toss and turn. I groaned. How was I gonna get back to sleep now?

I didn't want to keep Connor up but judging on the way he pulled me closer to him, gave me the sense that he couldn't sleep with me moving around. "Sorry." I mumbled one last time, I closed my eyes and sighed. Minutes later, another clash of loud thunder made me jump a bit, I tried to ignore it but it seemed to just get louder and louder with each strike. "I can't sleep." I spoke plainly, he sighed then sat up. I reached for my lamp beside my bed and tried to flick it on, nothing. Fucking power must be out! "I guess we are gonna have to stay up then." He said with a yawn. "We?" I questioned, "Well I'm not gonna let you stay up all alone. Why would you want to be alone when we could stay up together?" I smiled widely, this brought tears to my eyes. For once in my life I truly didn't want to be all alone, I wanted to be with Connor which I was. He was right, I would rather be with him then all alone like I was before. "Ok." I smiled brightly, he smiled back and I hugged him with no hesitation. He hugged back, rubbing my back a bit until we pulled away.

I decided to try and turn the lamp on again, *click click* ta da! The light flickered its way to life! I turned back and looked into Connors eyes, his beautiful green eyes. They sparkled like nothing I had seen before, we sat in silence. It was a peaceful silence, until he broke it with his sweet voice. "So what should we do?...." He ran his hands through his hair, trying to fix his some what mess that was his bed head. With no hesitation I leaned in, hoping that maybe he would lean in too. He turned away and I pulled back, tears welling in my eyes. He rejected me. My kiss. My heart broke into a million pieces, I cant believe I  tried to kiss him and that he didnt kiss back. I thought that maybe he liked me back, but I guess I was wrong. "Oh. Um. I'm sorry.. I just. I didn't expect you to lean in.. I'm so sorry. I think we should just be friends though. I don't wanna ruin what we have." The tears fell from my eyes, I didn't care if he saw or not. "Yea. I don't wanna ruin it either. I just thought that maybe you liked me in that kind of way. I'm sorry. Won't happen again." I sniffles and he wiped away my tears that were falling. "I really am sorry...." He mumbled out. God his voice made my pain even worse, I got up out of his bed and walked to his bedroom door. "Thanks for helping me try to sleep. I think I'm good though." I weakly managed to smile then ran back to my room.

I jump into bed and start to full out cry, I didn't hold back since no one saw me. Maybe I needed to be alone, I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe that he was gonna kiss me! I sobbed into my pillow and soon felt the edge of my bed sink in s bit, "What's wrong? I can hear you crying from my room!" My sweet brother asked me, with a tone of worry in his voice. "Nothing. I'm fine." I spoke more harshly then I had intended to, he pulled me into an embrace and I instantly stopped crying. It was as if hugging him almost took all of my pain away, he knew exactly what he had to do to stop me from crying. My face was stained with tears, my eyes were puffy and red. I looked like a mess. "Listen. You can tell me anything ok?" He reassured me with a smile. "Ok. Thank you Jc." I said sincerely, he gave me one last hug then left. He knew I wanted to be alone and that I needed to be alone right now.

I look at my alarm clock and see that its 4:09am. Not as early as I thought it would be but still way too early to be up, how can I sleep though? My heart was just broken by someone who I thought liked me back. I don't know how I'm even gonna look at him, he probably doesn't want to look at me. I almost 'ruined' our friendship. How could I?

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely people!

How is everyone?

So.. How does everyone feel about what Connor did to Sadie?

Comment, vote, follow :)

Love you!

Byeeeeee

-Hailee ✌