D.S. - Girlfriend

R/n - Random Name 

Y/n and Daniel were best friends ever since third grade.

"Okay kids we will have partner work so whoever you are called with will work with you." The Teacher says pulling out a list of names. "okay lets start with Amy and Jake." Y/n looked around nervously hoping to get someone she knew. "Sabrina and Nicholas." The teacher continues. Daniel sat there waiting for his name to be called. "Corbyn and Christina." Y/n frowned as her best friend was called to partner with someone else. "Daniel and Y/n" as soon as the teacher said that the 2 raised their hands for each other then Y/n started walking.

the two didn't mind to continue listening since others already started going to their partner after their names were called. "can you go to my house and we'll do it there...I need my mom to help me?" Y/n asked slightly embarassed. Daniel smiled at her nodding, "we can just talk now but I'll have to ask my mom for permission first."

and the rest was history. Both of them can't even remember what the project was about. Though ever since then their friendship has been an unbreakable bond. They constantly say its platonic but no one believes them, they say things like, "We're friends, only friends" or "eww I don't like him/her like that" but their interactions will say something else.

Their hugs, cuddles, cheek kisses, their protectiveness at a young age for one another. Those little things is what made people doubt their feelings but neither one of them acknowledge it and maybe that was the problem, until one day...

The 2, now in 8th grade were having a pool party at the Seavey's place. Inviting their family and closest friends with their families too. By now everyone had just finished eating lunch.

"Let's get into the pool already." Y/n says talking to Daniel and Jack. "that's not a good idea, Y/n we just finished eating and I know you don't believe in the myth of cramping when you finish eating but you should still wait." Jack says while Daniel added to what she said, "Plus we all ate really heavy, and more than usual." pulling Y/n back to the bench near the pool.

"yeah Y/n just wait even for 10 minutes." Jack says getting Y/n's attention. "But it's so hot and we haven't gotten in the pool still." Y/n tries to beg giving Daniel a desperate face. "Fine let's go Y/n, Jack you coming?" He said getting up from where he sat.

"No thanks I'll join you later." Jack says. As the 2 start walking away you can hear Jack mutter something along the lines of Daniel being a wimp,whipped for his girlfriend almost in anger but more of annoyance. "Thanks for joining me Daniel." Y/n says getting in the water splashing the water towards him while he took of his shirt. "No problem babe." He says getting into the water.

Y/n stopped for a second thinking about the nickname, it wasn't the first time he called her that but Y/n realized how fast her heartbeat was going, how her blood was rushing up to her cheeks. She was broken out of her trans by Daniel, "Hey doll why the serious face? I thought you wanted to go in the pool." Splashing her slightly making her laugh.

After Y/n realized her feelings for Daniel she ignored it. She had it in her head about Daniel not feeling the same way and that it would ruin their friendship. Once she over came that feeling they were graduating high school, Daniel was moving to LA and Y/n started college.

Their goodbye at the airport was emotional to the two but those were going to be the least of their problems in their friendship. Their daily, hours long talks went to 1 hour long text which turned to 10 minutes, 2 days a week texts which eventually went to occasional happy birthday, congratulations, and take care texts. Eventually the two grew tired and decided to not try anymore, they lost contact and that was it.

Y/n's mom called Keri about this situation and the two suggested that Y/n visits Daniel in LA on her break, they gave her the day of his free day and Keri persuaded Daniel to have a rest day that day and not go out. Not knowing that Daniel wouldn't be the only one surprised.

Y/n walked inside the airport waiting for her gate to be called, checking if she had everything she needed while waiting. She was sat down on a bench fixing up her carry on when she got a notification. Her phone screen flashed showing she had received a message from her mother.

Mother❤👡

Hey darling did you board yet

No, not yet I'll text you

when I'm about to leave

Ok. Love you. see

you soon.

This wasn't Y/n's first plane ride though she was nervous for a different reason. She was reserved, often considered a ambivert though leaning more towards introvert in most situations. With Daniel though that ended up being a different story. She never liked showing her arms but was fine with a small slit of her belly, she was okay with wearing shorts but would rather wear leggings. She wore contacts most days though often wore glasses on lazy days considering people thought she looked cute in it, Jack thought she looked cute in it, her parents thought she looked cute in it, Daniel thought she looked cute in it.

"Come on It'll be fun and even if it isn't we'll go home and watch a movie, we'll get drunk and forget about it tomorrow." Y/n continued to attempt to convince him her hands cupping both his cheeks smiling at him. He nodded smiling at her leaving to go change in their guest room.

~~~

Y/n and Daniel burst through the girl's front door. "Hi babe." Y/n's friend says kissing her on the cheek, "Hey Daniel glad you two could come." She says hugging Daniel then walking of to another group of friends. Y/n goes to take her glasses of when Daniel stops her, "You look cute in those glasses keep it on." He says holding onto her wrist slightly.

"Hey Y/n looking cute in those specs." a drunk Jack says walking by. "Daniel bro I feel fucked up and a bit horn-" Jack starts though Daniel cuts him off by pushing him away mouthing to Y/n that he would be back.

~~~

"well the party sucked." Daniel says crashing on the girl's couch. Y/n chuckles walking to her bathroom. She came out a few minutes later with a bare face and glasses on with the movie put in already. "I got your spare clothes already, I'll go change you make the snacks." Daniel says tossing the clothes at her. 

Y/n was now in LA laying on the grass waiting for the boys to arrive. She was thinking about what happened, how she met R/n, how no matter what she told herself she couldn't hate her, she couldn't hate a kind girl who did nothing wrong to her, she can't hate the person who makes her happiness happy.

Y/n walks up the stairs of their house waiting for someone to get the door after she knocked. Seconds later a familiar curly headed guy opened the door curious to who was standing by the other side of their front door. "Hi I'm Y/n one of Danie-" Y/n starts before being cut off.

"Y/n!?!? It's Jack, Jack Avery. I got curly hair" Jack starts hugging Y/n tightly. "Come in Dani's in the living room." Jack says welcoming Y/n. "Jack I heard the name Y/n isn't she you and Dani's old friend also-" Zach says entering the entrance of their house to see Jack and the girl.

"I'll go see Dani" Y/n says entering the living room to see Daniel with a girl wearing some ripped jeans, a holed shirt, and his orange beanie. "SEAVEY!" Y/n shouts hugging him as he got up to hug her. "Y/n." He says breathy and in shock. Y/n opens her eyes to see the girl smiling at her in awe, she pulls away from Daniel then the girl spoke. 

"you must be Y/n I'm R/n his girlfriend." She says getting up from the couch walking over and hugging Y/n. "Nice to meet you." Y/n says. They hugged for awhile before R/n's phone dinged. "It's mine I'll check who it is." She says walking back to the couch. "Who is it babe?" Daniel asked  gesturing for Y/n to sit.

"It's just my brother he came home today actually you wanna meet him tomorrow?" She says putting her phone down.

"Hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend." Y/n silently sang along laying on the grass waiting for the boys to arrive from wherever they went.