Ten - The Pink Jade

"Okay, there is no way I'm letting you go to that without me." Levi said right after Halmark was escorted by Father out of the North Wing.

I was left alone with Levi who was standing by the doorway. My Father, Halmark and I were discussing details on an outreach program for the other Blacks in the same area of the ones who attacked Quince.

Ironic much?

Halmark already made the deal with Damian and King Ethan. Quince wanted to make it a joint charity event with just me for a bigger impact since the attack was due to our marriage in the first place.

"What if I want to go alone with Damian?" I said in between sips of coffee.

"Never you mind. Want all you want but Quincean guards will still be there since it's their main movement. Plus I'm sure your Father will insist on sending me off with you." Levi bragged knowing how much my Father trusts him.

Father walked back into the North Wing so we acted all natural. Levi stood at attention while I continued drinking my coffee while using my phone.

"Audrey," Father called out which made me put down my
cup.

"Yes, Father?" I asked worried that he would let me take Levi with me again.

"Going to that outreach could be dangerous for you. The Blacks won't stand by knowing that Quince captured some of them." He warned.

I looked at Levi at the background who raised an eyebrow at me anticipating what my Father was going to say next. I wanted to tell him that I was big enough to go on my own.

But before I could say anything, my Father continued.

"So, I think you're safe since that Damian is one brave young man." Father said while nodding in agreement with himself. I smiled a great big grin.

I looked at the background and saw Levi's mouth almost literally dropping straight to the floor.

"Yay! Thank you so much for trusting me to go with Prince Damian, Father!" I rejoiced as I stood and ran straight to hug him.

I looked at Levi who was quite upset and I put my tongue out to tease. But then Father hugged back and
whispered.

"Of course, Princess! Just don't forget to take Dawson with you."

Why?

He released me from the embrace and I saw his evil smile before my eyes. I gave him a little pout.

"But, I thought you already trust Damian." I complained.

"I only said he was brave." He said as he continued to flash an annoying expression and slowly turned away.

"Since when did I ever send you off to those kinds of events without Dawson?" He said in a loud voice as he walked towards the doorway.

Levi smiled at the King while his eyes brightened up. He then looked at me and gave me the 'I told you so' look.

Great, another day with Damian, Quince, the press...

... and Levi.

The morning of the next Saturday, I woke up to get ready for the incoming charity event. I really love kids so I hope there will be plenty of them today.

Since we were going to the slump areas, Ivy and the others prepared a plain ice blue Bateau neck smart casual dress for me. They paired it with with a pair of simple white doll shoes and a white clutch. The attire looks pretty sophisticated but I can move around comfortably in it.