Nine - Hear The Drums?

Over two weeks have passed since the incident and Damian never stepped out of the Quincean palace while things in Dahlia were as usual. I heard that the reason why the Blacks rebelled was because they were against the Gold wedding.

Most of them were caught while others still managed to escape. They explained that they didn't want real trouble and only wanted to scare both Kingdoms by talking me and Damian out of the wedding. They claimed that the maid's death was a mere accident as the guns they had were supposed to be blanks.

Being a wise and forgiving ruler, King Ethan knew that it was not worth it to anger more Blacks by killing this group of rebels who were over fifty in total. He gave them a sentence of ten years in prison. It was l something for them to be really thankful for because if I were to decide, they deserved death as they committed treason.

In my personal and honest opinion, I think that the King didn't make a big deal of the incident because he knew that Leigh and Damian were together and he subconsciously took advantage of the situation. Levi also thought the same when I told him about it.

"Audrey, Prince Damian's here to see you." Levi said after listening to his earpiece while standing at the doorway of the North Wing where I was doing my lazy afternoon reading sessions.

During the whole two weeks, all I could think about was if Damian even gave a little thought about my confession. Now that Leigh was no longer here, I was really sad for Damian and her but I couldn't help but feel a little hope for myself. I couldn't wait to see him.

"Let him in." I ordered as I closed my book and placed it on the coffee table.

"Don't keep your hopes up, Princess. He may still be hurting." Levi reminded before he went out to escort Damian in.

When I told Levi about me confessing to Damian, he didn't take it so well. For around three days, he did what he did the first time he received the ring. He gave me the cold shoulder again. Luckily it didn't last that long and he started rubbing his love on my face in no time.

I anxiously waited for about thirty seconds before Damian made his way in the North Wing. Levi still stood by to watch over me with a very serious look like always. If it isn't clear yet, Damian and Levi never really got along so well.

"Hey, Audrey! Did you miss me?" Damian greeted as he came closer like nothing happened at all. He probably didn't want to think about any of it so I decided to play along.

"Of course!" I exclaimed as I stood up. I hope I wouldn't act too weird.

"You never visited me for a long time." I said as I returned the hug he gave me.

While hugging Damian, I saw Levi rolling his eyes while standing by the doorway. I gave him an angry look.

"Go away." I mouthed to him with my eyes opened wide. As expected, he just stood there, smirked then shook his head.

"How are you and Piper? Did you get by fast?" Damian casually asked as we both sat down the couch.

"We're good." I answered with a nod.

"And you?" I hesitated a bit. No one can ever be good after the death of someone they love.

"Still getting there, I guess?" He said with a little sigh.

We talked about other things for a while like what Quince planned on doing to increase security. We also discussed on upcoming programs to lessen threats and avoid attacks. I was starting to wonder if he even remembered about what I said to him that day. I told him that I love him, I cried like an idiot in front of him and now, he's acting like none of those happened.