Seventeen - Freedom?

Today has finally arrived. My wedding day. It would be a great big celebration with state of the art decors, equipment, and even performers. To be honest, it still got me all excited.

But if you ask me about the status of the palace right now, well...

It wasn't as organized as I thought it would be.

I left the room and went to check the outside look. The garden was beautiful. It should be, they started decorating since yesterday. However, the preparation of the food, the entertainment, my dress, the cake, etc., they had to be prepared today. Not to mention the chapel decors. Dahlia had a chapel built within the castle. Our wedding was to be aired all over the Kingdom of Dahlia, Quince and even in the entire nation of Carmica.

I saw the maids running around the palace making last minute clean ups, bringing things from here and there. The guards were all lined up and armed so they took much more space. The kitchen was busy, too as I heard utensils clinking all the way from the dining hall.

"Your Highness! We looked everywhere for you. I apologize but what are you still doing walking around in your robes at this hour?" Ivy gasped before she politely but panicky asked.

"Relax, Ivy. We still have a lot of time to prepare." I calmly answered knowing that by 'a lot of time' I meant never.

Ivy was usually very respectful but it was also her job to get me to the chapel neatly, beautifully dressed and on time. It was already 2 pm and we were scheduled to start at 4. So she suddenly took me by the hand and pulled me to the hall towards my room.

"I apologize, your Highness!" She said worriedly. I just laughed and ran along trailing behind her.

"It's alright."

When we got to my room, Ivy immediately had me seated while she slightly brushed my hair. While doing so, she quickly contacted her crew and a group of professional artists through her earpiece.

"The bride needs the hair and makeup crew, STAT!"

Beep

"Emily! Where is the foot care and the nail art set?"

Beep

"Heather, bring in the dress NOW PLEASE!"

I just smiled while listening to her orders. Ivy was the top of the food chain when it comes to the maids of the palace.

Mother's maid was her super personal caretaker who has always been with her almost 24/7. I was entrusted to Ivy, the head while Piper had the second in command.

"Okay, you're all set!" When we were finished, Ivy cheered while helping me stand. I was still in my robes but my hair and makeup were complete.

My hair was in a puffy regal updo. My dangling tiara rested just on my forehead while some of my auburn waves lightly fell close to my ears. My makeup was simple. I requested it that way since it's all useless anyway.

The next step was to get into my dress. I wasn't so sure if I still wanted to get into all the trouble doing so knowing what the future holds.

Speaking of which, where was Damian anyway? We were only like an hour away from the wedding celebration and he didn't do his move yet.

Then an odd feeling overcame and flooded my heart.

What if he won't push through with his plan?

What if he shows up at the altar as his ultimate revenge after seeing me last night?

What if I really end up being his bride?

What happens then?

I didn't see Levi today. I was so afraid, I wanted to go talk to him to help me calm down. Luckily, Piper came in my room a little while later as I was just about to be fed into my dress.