Fourteen - Date Number Three

"So how was everything?" Piper barged in my room just when I woke up that morning. There was only a week left to the wedding.

I didn't answer. I just tried to close my eyes and cover myself underneath my sheets when, out of nowhere, Piper jumped and body slammed me wrestling style.

"Piper!" I shouted grumpily. She just laughed and tickled me. And so I laughed along with her.

"You have to tell me everything!" Piper insisted.

"Chill! I was really planning to tell you" I sat up and lost all the sleepiness in my system.

"Wait! Before anything else, which was your favorite?" She asked excitedly. I thought for a moment although I really didn't have to. I looked at Piper with a peaceful smile on my face.

"Date number three."

TWO WEEKS AGO

"Are you out of your mind? How could an engaged woman, not to mention princess, agree to go on three dates with her bodyguard?" Piper protested immediately after Levi shut the door as he left my room.

"I won't lose anything anyway." I said with indifference while stacking the piles of ancient looking books I had to research on.

"Are you sure that you aren't falling for him already? Especially knowing that mother likes Levi for you?" Piper asked teasingly but at the same time a bit seriously.

"Huh? O-Of course not! I'm just doing this to shut him up. You saw him didn't you?" I tried to explain but Piper just kept the teasing face on which almost made me lose my act.

"Fine, don't believe me if you don't want to." I turned away, embarrassed and unsure of my own feelings as well.

"Just remember to be careful. Don't get me wrong, I love Levi and I know that he is willing to die for you, Audrey." She backed herself up with her arms crossed together as I was sitting back down the couch.

"But after Aunt Hazel's spell, is he going to be willing to live for you?" She hit me with a heart striking question that I didn't have any answer to.

"If he isn't, you will be at loss since it's so easy to fall in love but impossible to move on." She continued with her witty insights.

I no longer knew what to say. But my mind was all set. I'm going on those three dates.

"Piper, you should really stop watching those hopeless romantic dramas that make love look so simple when it's actually much much more complicated." I simply replied.

"I'm just saying!" Piper laughed as she slowly stood from my couch.

"Start getting some rest directly after supper." Piper suggested while straightening her dress as she was walking towards the door.

"Why?" I asked like an idiot while still nailed to the couch.

Piper chuckled as she grabbed the round silver doorknob. She flipped her long blonde hair and turned to face me with a smirk before answering,

"Something tells me that it will be tomorrow."

"Huh?" I tried to clarify.

Piper rolled her eyes as she walked out. I slowly stood to stop her. But before I could say anything, she popped her head back between the door's opening.

"Your first date with Levi, genius."

The following day, I woke up seeing an old fashioned letter that was slipped into the crack beneath my doorway.