Two - One Way Mirror

I stared at my petite figure standing in the mirror before me. I loved how the silk sleeves of my gown lightly rested off my shoulders. There was an intricate design by the neckline that perfectly accents my clavicle. The dusty pink rose gown dropped down in a flowing yet puffy manner. The charms of my favorite bracelet that Damian gave me when I was sixteen clinked together as I folded my hands like how the ancient Queens do in portraits. I always preferred the dangling tiara as it suits my willows peak and my half dropped red hair. I looked quite regal tonight.

Ivy and her crew made such a big deal of my birthday as they were told to. She was doing some last minute adjustments to my ball gown while the others fixed my hair and everything else. I also thought that I had to look my best since maybe I can get Damian's mind to change. He never told his parents about his fling with Leigh. She was just a palace servant.

"Audrey, dear?" I heard my Mother's voice and the creek of the white carved wooden door.

I turned slightly since the maids were doing my hair. My Mother entered with Piper, my sixteen year old sister, just behind her. They both looked beautiful too. I got my wavy  red locks from Mother while Piper got her straight blonde hair from Father.

Mother had her hair slightly kept into a teased top. She, too, preferred a dangling tiara. The gems in hers were much bigger since she was the Queen. Her gown was a mix of maroon with accents of gold and had sleeves tightly running until just before her elbow then belled out softly. Her gown
was a little less puffy than mine to match her age. She really needs to have her royal portrait done soon as the most beautiful Queen Rose of Dahlia.

Piper on the other hand wore a haltered dark purple dress and opted the regular tiara with no dangles. She had all her hair curled and dropped down her shoulders. She was taller than me but then I always had the slimmer figure.

"Wow, Audrey, you look amazing." Piper exclaimed and hugged me tight.

"I know right?" I said while giggling. "Just kidding, you've always been the prettier one, Piper." I joked while I rolled my eyes to which Piper just laughed off.

"Are you ready, dear?" Mother asked as she rested one hand on my shoulder and gave me a little forehead kiss.

"I guess?" I said with a mix of nervous and excited tone. I've been to many royal balls but I have never been to one of my own since I've never had my very own ball before!

"By the way, your Father said he will have some kind of special announcement later." She said with a bit of confusion since she also had no idea about it. I didn't care much at all.

There was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" My Mother voiced out to which the vague voice of my Father answered through the door,

"Are you girls ready yet? We're scheduled to begin in a few minutes, my loves."

"In a moment, Father!" I said while giving my lips a little retouch. I gave my final glances on the mirror then looked myself into my forest green eyes and whispered in my own head,

"This will be the night of your life."

Just when we were about to begin, I peeked from one of the one way mirrors that cover the sides of the grand staircase. It's where I'm supposed to enter. I saw guests from different Kingdoms and even Nations. I felt really nervous. I scanned the crowd once more only to find Damian. Damian looked
great in his dark blue suit that matched the color of his eyes. His golden brown hair was neatly combed.

"Honey, I would have really loved to escort you but your Mother told me to stay beside her on the throne." My Father whispered and rolled his eyes right before he was about to walk down the staircase with my Mother.

Hue - The Kingdom of DahliaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara