Fifteen - Brown for a Minute

"So what will you do?" Piper asked. She seemed worried as I wrapped up my story.

"What do you suggest I do?" I passed part of the decision upon her shoulders. That way, if anything goes wrong, I will have someone else to blame.

"Time is running out, Audrey. You only have a week left to decide." She didn't suggest anything. Instead, she just told me something I already knew.

I just kept silent. I stood up to slowly get ready for the day. I chose some palace clothes while Piper continued to sit on my bed.

"You love him, right?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"I already told you, yes." I answered sadly as I scanned my open walk-in closet.

"Then you have your answer!" Piper exclaimed like it was so simple.

"Even if I do, he will wake up not loving me, okay?" I reminded her.

There was silence in the room again. The only sound I heard was the automatic moving of my clothesline.

"Hmmm... Maybe we can do something about that." Piper suddenly jumped off my bed and rushed out my room.

What was that about?

My television turned on as Ivy flashed on screen.

"Your Highness, Prince Damian is here to see you."

Annoying bastard.

I didn't bother turning on my side of the camera. I just clicked on the mic and said,

"I'm busy today. Maybe tomorrow?" I said in the sweetest tone I could possibly pull off.

Ivy just nodded with a smile then shut down the intercom.

I didn't want to face anyone today, especially Levi. I never gave him any answer yet. I don't want to end up getting hurt...

... again.

I'm barely healed from my last scar. I finished getting ready for breakfast. Just as I feared, I walked out my room to be met by Levi.

"G-Good Morning." My voice shook in the most awkward greeting in Dahlian history.

"Good Morning." Levi replied.

We didn't talk while he escorted me on my way to the dining hall.

After some French toast and a sunny side up, Father made an official statement for just me, my mom and Piper.

"The rumor regarding the shortage of Quince's resources was a mere hoax sent by the Kingdom of Agapanthus." Father announced.

"Oh, they must've done this knowing that Prince Nikolai was your second choice." Mother assumed to which Father just nodded.

"Audrey?" He called which made me quickly look up.

"Yes, Father?"

"Your wedding with Prince Damian will push through." He continued while smiling softly.

I just gave out a fake smirk.

After some breakfast, I decided to take a little walk in the garden to clear my head. Of course, Levi followed me out. It's his job, after all.

He stationed himself by the entrance to give me some space since the guards were watching. I took a few rounds before I decided to just squat on the grass.

"Audrey." Levi called out.

I didn't listen.

"Audrey." he called out again.