One - The Little Princess

"Bee! Run, Audrey, run!" He yelled as loud as a ten year old possibly could as he ran into the open garden field of the Dahlian palace.

Just like any eight year old girl would, I stood still for like half a second before I lost my act and quickly caught up to him and then ran passed him. After looking back once, it was not so long before I tripped over my own bare feet and stumbled over a plain grassy field.

I sat up and turned to face him. Only then did I realize that he stopped running right when I passed him by. The annoying fact was...

...there was actually no bee. And that I fell for nothing. Well, maybe back then it was only for nothing.

Now, at least I got to see him laughing at me from a distance until the perfect sound of his voice turns into nothing. He was standing there clapping mockingly with his loose white v-line buttoned-down shirt that perfectly suits his strong figure. His shirt was tucked in a pair of black pants, one which he's probably wearing for later. His golden brown hair slightly covered one of his dark blue eyes.

He was no longer that little annoying prince I used to play with. He was now the finest prince in all of Carmica.

"Man, are you still afraid of bees after ten long years." He smirked and made a rhetorical statement referring to the first time we met as he slowly walked closer towards me.

I dusted the dirt off the long sleeves of my lilac gown that I wore almost every day despite literally having a wardrobe of a princess. When he reached little poor me, he held out his hand to help me up.

"Yes, we are no longer children. But no, unfortunately, I have not grown out of my fear of bees, Damian." I said as I took his hand and stood to straighten out the kinks of my gown and continued to dust the dirt off my bottom.

"Your Highness!" Our 'moment' was cut short by my servant, Ivy, who called from a distance close to the palace doors. We both turned to the direction of her voice. She curtsied in respect before she continued,

"My lady, you need to come and start getting ready for your ball tonight. It's going to be all about you." She said excitedly while gesturing me to go in and get ready.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming!" I said as I rushed towards the palace entrance.

"See you later, your Highness!" I said as I turned back and gave Damian a smile. He waved and shot a smile back. I can say without hesitation that he is the most perfect Gold in the land.

As I neared the entrance of the palace with Ivy,  I heard a soft squeaky mocking voice from behind.

"See you later, beautiful Prince!"

I turned to see who it was. I don't know why I bothered, I was sure I already knew.

It was Levi, my beloved bodyguard.

He walked a step behind me just as we entered the palace entrance. Never has he left my side since we were only twelve. He came to the palace back when there was a rebel attack downtown.

His family and several others were rescued by my Father's troops. He was still young when he was sent by his White family to volunteer and train to be a guard in the palace as a sign of gratitude. By working to serve in the palace, he gained a Red title. We have gotten really close. Sadly, the day I met him was not so cheerful at all.

It was around six summers ago...

My Father used to be a very strict man. Luckily, through the years, he got rid of his tough King persona and became the sweetest Father I could ask for. However, this was not the case at this time.