Chapter 1. Scarlett.

OKAY LISTEN IT IS 2017 AND I WROTE THIS BACK 5 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS 12/13 AND ITS SO SHITTY IF YOU WANT ACTUAL MATERIAL PLS GO READ MY SHORT STORY, ITS 5 PAGES LONG AND ITS VERY MIND FUCKY THANKS BYE

My mom was gone. My dad was gone. Does my sister even love me anymore? Does anyone love me? My 'best friends' don't care anymore. I'm living with a monster, he was capable of anything, and everything; the scary part was that he was drawing me in. He managed to tie a rope around me, and pull me closer to him. How can he be so evil, but still have a magnetic attraction? It's almost as if he didn't know the effect he had on people, mainly, me. At the same time, there was another rope, not as tight, but it was still there. It pulled me in the opposite direction; pulled me into his soft, gentle touch. One of the ropes will snap, but it was just a matter of time.

Scarlett went from being able to take a bullet for him, to wanting to be the one pulling the trigger. Life isn't easy for Scarlett. Her past makes haunts her enough, and with her being the joke of the school, and the #1 target, she faces many problems. This is heart wrenching story about a deathly, inescapable Love Triangle. This isn't your typical teen crush, no. This is a matter of life and death. Are you ready for it?

Love Sucks; But just how bad does it suck?

A One Direction Fanfic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Scarlett's POV•

"Are you scared of me?" I could smell the mint in his mouth radiate onto my skin. His breath fanned over my chest, causing little goose bumps to form, this made him smile. I didn't say anything, instead, I moved my hand up to his forearm, and tried to pry myself away from his grip. Looking into his green eyes now, I couldn't believe that we used to be best friends, much less, acquaintances. A monster. That was the only way to describe him. His demeanor was much different from his appearance. His soft, brown locks coiled around his head. His pale skin stretched out over his perfect features. If you didn't know him, you'd think he was an angel. Soft, bow shaped pink, almost red, lips. Green eyes darkening when he was mad, and but turned lighter, almost a hazel, when he was happy. The dimple in his right cheek was massive; it always showed when he genuinely smiled. I used to be the reason why that dimple would show, but things were different now.

As a child growing up, I use to watch movies, and T.V shows about 1 kid always getting bullied, it never once crossed my mind that I would end up being the victim one day. You never really think it's you who will be targeted.

It's you everyone will hate.

It's you everyone picks on.

You're the freak.

The whore.

The slut.

The skank.

You don't grow up thinking you'll be called all of those things. But if you're like me and you do... it's funny isn't it

'Cause none of its true, but they still call you names.

They call me a slut... I've never slept with a guy.

They call me a freak because I'm not 'normal'. I might be different, but if everyone in the world were the same, it would be boring as hell. As cheesy as it sounds, we were all born to be different, why should you choose who's 'normal' and who's the 'odd girl out'?

I'm Scarlett Rose. I go by Scar, I'm 17 and currently going to Westmeath high school, I'm studying art, and drama. Music is my passion. So is Dancing. I look like nothing special. Pale skin, blue eyes, slim figure, my blue hair reaches my mid back, you know, typical girl. Why is my hair blue? Good question. I don't really know, the idea just popped into my mind, and at the time it felt right.

I regret nothing. I never do.

My mom died of cancer when i was just 10. I miss her so much; she was my rock, my hero. The person I always turned to, my dad, well, my dad's not really around. Sometimes, he's hardly ever home, which makes me in charge of taking care of my sister. 7-year-old Valerie, she's amazing. One of the two reasons why I'm still breathing.

Oh! I almost forgot. I have a tattoo, it's on my lower back, I got it when I was 13. It was one of those forced tattoos. I didn't want it, but my dad wasn't really right in the head so he decided that it was a good idea to drug me, and tattoo the word 'Worthless' across my lower back. I'd be lying if I said I didn't believe I really was worthless.

And finally, it's a no brainer that I obviously do cut. I try to stop. But it's useless, and that's the problem with cutting. Once you start, you can't stop. It's addicting, cutting IS my drug. It serves its purpose perfectly. Once I cut, I forget about everything that has been wrong. All that is left is my concentration on my cut. I forget about everything but the pain. Pain has become my world. Weather it's self caused, or if its inflicted by someone else.

It's not always about cutting though, other times, I look at my scars and see something else: a girl who was trying to cope with something horrible that she should never have had to live through at all. My scars show pain and suffering, but they also show my will to survive. They're part of my history that'll always be there. It's the only way to make my internal pain go away. It was the only way I could control it.

The bell rang, and he removed the clasp he had on my wrist. I looked down to see a bruise in the shape of fingertips on my hand. He backed away and grabbed his bag that he had dropped off on the ground. I slid down the brick wall and let out a sigh. He walked over to his friends and high-fived them all. They walked up to me and one of them spat in my face, while the other kicked the back of my leg, causing a yelp to escape my lips. I grabbed onto the throbbing spot and watched them all walk into the school doors, leaving me sitting alone behind it. He sent me a smirk before turning back around, not giving me a second thought.

Harry was a monster.

_______________________________________________

A/N- looking back at this chapter now, I'm not proud of it. It actually sucks. One day in the future I'll fix it, if you're a new reader, keep reading. I promise you it'll be just what you're looking for. These first few chapters were written MONTHS ago, and I feel that since then, i've improved a lot in my writing. So keep reading, you wont be disappointed. The chapters in this book are going to be long, about 10 pages per chapter. And this book does contain abuse, self-harm, and I do take 2 weeks for new updates. If that's not your style, don't keep reading. Any suggestions are welcome, and any questions you have can be asked here : http://ask.fm/xxsheeranuniverse

If you do continue reading, it gets better around chapter 10, thats also where the chapters get longer. Bear with my stupidityness for the first couple chapters. Also, my end of the chapter notes are usualy important, so I think that you should read them.

Peace, Love, and Salted Nuts.

~ KissedByADevil (August, 9th, 2013)