Chapter 27. Forever.

Chapter 27. Forever. 

A/N- I’m starting off right after Scarlett overdosed in the previous chapter. I then switch into Harry’s POV later that same day. Pay close attention to the time changes and if its AM or PM. In order to make this chapter work, I need to jump from POV to POV. So as long as you pay attention, everything will work out perfectly. & Also, there is a part where it’s ‘Third Person POV’, meaning it's nobody talking.

Previously on SNF;

So I looked at the pills I had in my hand, they said not to exceed more than 8 a day. That’s why I had 16 in my hand. I looked at myself threw the mirror hanging beside my bed. I brought them up to my mouth and put them in. I swallowed it and felt all 16 of them go down. I dropped the bottle to the floor.

That was it.

I was done.

•Angel's POV• 

[4:30am]

I woke up at the sound of something falling onto the wooden floors. I struggled to pry my eyes open. The entire room was covered pitch black because it was still the early hours of the morning. I glanced for the source of the sound and found nothing out of place. There was nobody in the cabin except for Scarlett and I; Kat and Brianna were spending the night at Alicia’s’.

“Scarlett?” I whispered, pulling my pillow closer to me, feeling a bit anxious when I didn’t get a response.

“Babe?” I got up off the bed slowly, and felt for the lamp switch. I caught hold of the button and turned it slightly. I spun back around and dropped my pillow onto the floor. Have you ever been in too much shock to even scream? Imagine waking up to find a lifeless body lying on the cold ligneous floor.

“No.” I whispered, the back of my eyes stung. I ran over to her, and my body gave out infront of her. She was on her side, her body was lifeless, no signs of movement.  I wasted no time in grabbing the bottle, turning it over to see that she had overdosed on sleeping pills. I shut my eyes tightly. This was no nightmare; this was real.

I made myself force my eyes open again to look at her pale body. I didn't cry. I couldn't cry, because that thing could not be my friend, my Scarlett. Scarlett doesn’t look so lifeless. Two things didn’t fit, (that pale body with the red ribbons running along the inside of the thighs, and my best friend, Scarlett), could not be connected in my mind. They just couldn't. I’ve only known Scarlett for just over 2 weeks, but she felt like a sister, and I was about to lose her. My whole body was beginning to shake. I shook until I could hardly see, and my headache was getting worse and worse. The blood, the blood...I shut my eyes and it was still there when I opened them, pasted on the insides of Scarlett’s wrists and thighs. I brushed the hair from Scar's face, my hands shaking so hard that I could barely see them. A great sob escaped my lips, and I covered my face with my shaking hands as a great tremor overtook my entire mind. I mumbled incoherent things through my hands and choked on my own sobs, and I tried to make the blood with the red ribbons go away. But they wouldn’t go. I wasn’t going to loose Scarlett like this. I’d be damned if I did. I ran over to my phone, shaking as I grabbed it. I scrolled through the names and went right past Harry and onto another name.

“Hello?” he asked pissed that someone would wake him up at this time of day.

“I-I need your help please come over.” I whimpered into the phone, not caring if I sounded pathetic.

“How’d you get my number Angel?” he sighed.

“Just hurry up please, she’s dying!” I bawled, aggravated.

“Who?”

“Scarlett.” I whispered as I turned back to look at her, and instantly regretted it, I couldn’t handle the sight of my friend lying lifelessly on the floor.