28.

The next morning Blake woke up at 6am like she is used to and left Mac to sleep as she went downstairs to talk to her dad. When she came downstairs she saw her dad making some coffee.

"I'll have one of those" she called

"Why are you up so early?" Her dad turned to face her.

"Habits. About yesterday" Blake started.

"I know and I'm sorry for inviting Liam i didn't think about it" her dad admitted.

"I didn't tell Mac so that's on me. But I still get the feeling you think Liam's what's best for me and you're wrong Daddy, Mac is what's best for me, he's smart and brave and he wouldn't let anything happen to me. This is the first time since I've been here that I feel safe and at home. I love him and if you gave him the chance then you'll love him too. He's had a hard life, I'm lucky I had you and Jack growing up and aside from you and Jack he is the best man I have ever met. I love you so much daddy and if you don't like Mac that's ok because I do" Blake sat down with her dad at the table.

"Who raised you right?" Her dad smirked

"Some amazing guy and a slightly unhinged uncle" they both laughed.

"You remind me more and more of your mother everyday" he smiled at her.

"Damn right I do" she smiled getting up to get another cup of coffee.

"Morning" Mac walked down into the kitchen. Blake gave her dad a pleading look.

"Sleep well Mac?" Her dad asked making Blake smile as she kissed Macs cheek.

"Very well Sir, it's very peaceful here" Blake put some milk and sugar in his coffee and passed him some.

"I'm going to collect some hay this morning and could use a hand, you wanna come?" Blake could tell her dad was awkward asking this but she was very grateful that he was trying.

"Of course sir, I'll go shower and be ready to go in 10" Mac kissed Blake's cheek and headed upstairs

"Thank you" she walked over to her dad and kissed his cheek.

"Don't Thank Me yet, you are on horse duty and making breakfast for when we get back" he smirked walking out of the room.

"Please be nice" she called as she finished her coffee.

•••••••••••••••••

"So Mac are you going to marry my daughter?" John asked

"If she will let me then yes sir" Mac replied confidently.

"Good, She is stubborn one my daughter always has been she gets it from me. She doesn't trust easy so you are lucky. Now Jacks told me everything I need to know about you, your job and past relationship" John explained

"Relationships?"

"Yes, I mean Jack didn't want to of course he respects you a lot but I need to know that you are the one to look after my daughter"

"With all due respect sir your daughter is very much capable of looking after herself I've seen her in action" Mac laughed

"My daughter is highly skilled, better than you and even Jack but what I'm talking about is emotionally. She's been through a lot in her life as much as she might deny it she has. For her first round of chemo i wasn't there I was deployed, Jack was with her and she handled it like a champ she doesn't crack. I need to know you will be there if she does" John Warner Mac

"Mr Shelly I don't have family, your bond together is special. Your daughter is the first thing I have felt to family, well apart from the team. Now that she's in my life I can't imagine my life without her and I don't plan on" Mac speaks with such serious in his voice.

"Good because she is the most important thing in my life and if anything, anything at all happens to her then I will hold you responsible. You got that?" John spoke in a threatening voice.

"Yes sir"