HS 20*

"Laura! Laura!" I call her but she continues walking up the stairs.
"Adam! Would you stop bothering me?" She says still walking.

I follow her upstairs and pull her.
"I'm talking to you!"
She rolls her eyes and huffs. "What? What is it that you want?" She asks chewing her gum disrespectfully.

"You're a married woman and you're coming home by 3am wearing nothing but a short dress and heels. For god sake you look like you work at hooters or a brothel mah"

She looks at me like I'm insane "And that never bothered you? Why is it now that you decided to—" she pauses and chews her gum loudly "Oh! I'm sure it was The almighty Mohammed Hamza. He pushes you around"
"And I'm glad he does" I really mean it but she's just trying to make me direct my anger somewhere else.

"He made me realized that I'm a fool to let you do what you want"
"Of course. You're a bigger fool for listening to him" she says back blowing a bubble with her gum.

Completely out of anger I slap it right out of her mouth.
She screams when my hand made contact with her mouth.
"Did you just slap me? Adam? Ni din?"

"And if you continue talking to me like that I'll do something far worse that slapping your disrespectful mouth"
She stands looking at me.

I grab the clutch and take her car keys.
"What are you going to do with those?" She asks hitting my back trying to get them back.

"When you get some sense I will give them back to you but until then forget it completely" I start walking back downstairs.

"Stupid man!"

"Insolent bastard!"

"Wawa!"

She insults me.
"Laura that won't change anything you're still not going to leave this house, Okay?"

"So you'll do what Mohammed tells you now? After you stole millions from him I'm sure you want to kiss his ass so that he can keep giving you petty change. But all that will change the moment I tell him what you did" she shouts.

"Open your mouth and so help me god! Laura, just don't push me. If you know what I did you would also know you aren't the first one I'll have to keep shut" I say with a smirk.

Her eye widens.
"So you would hurt me?"
"If that's what it takes" I say before walking away.

............................................
............................................

   It's been so long.
Too long.
The time...
And I miss it so much.
I never thought I would...
But I did...
Right now nothing matters....
Why?

Because I'm finally taking it.
I take in another spoon of ice cream in my mouth.
"I love this so much" I blurt out.

"If I had known I would have gotten more" Mohammed says back.
"Nah. This is fine fah"

"You're really changing. The old you would have talked about how much calories it has"
"The old me wasn't married and in love though"

He smiles.
"You're more handsome when you smile although it's rare but it's nice though"
"Really?"
"I feel like I've accomplished a lot today just by making you smile"
"Wow! That's.....weird"

"It is?"
"I should give you a trophy, don't you think?" He asks seductively as he sits next to me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask raising my eyebrows, trying not to smile but failing hopelessly.
"Don't you want your trophy anymore?"

"I never said I wanted one"
"You should get one. You deserve it"
"Well I'll gladly collect it later. Right now your sister can come in any moment"

He looks at me surprised. "Aisha is coming?"
"Yeah she is" I reply back with a simple smile.

"Wow! Now it's you she talks to not me, I'm offended"he says jokingly.
"I'm shocked she didn't tell you"
"She's angry with me" he laughs out.

"Why?"
"Ammah I have no idea. That's what she always does when she is angry at me, it's cute though"
"Cute? She's older than I am and you're calling her cute".
"She's my little sister she will always be cute" he says with a smile. Something was in his mind. Suddenly he looks bothered and lost.

"Is something wrong?"
He looks at me with a frown.
"I'm fine" his reply.
"Really? Because you don't look fine to me"

He smiles. But it's fake, I know him well enough to know when he isn't being sincere.
"I have to get dressed, I'm going to the mosque" he stands and walks out of my bedroom.

And that was it, that was how his mood changed that whole day.
He became serious and overbearing. I really love Mohammed but I hate it when he behaves this way towards me, he acts like I'm a complete stranger and he tries to hide how he truly feels and that bothers me a lot.

.................
.................

"I have spoken to them but I think you will have to go see them yourself" Nusaiba says referring to her parents a.k.a my uncle and aunt.

"When are you going back?" I ask out of sheer curiosity.
"I didn't set a date but since you're going we can go together, dama they have been pestering me to come back mah"

"Okay. Let's go next week Friday. So better prepare fah"
"I will."

"Okay" I sit back on the couch in my office.
"I'm curious though...."
"About what exactly?"

"Aisha is at your house and you haven't seen her in a long time, then why are you here?"
"I have no idea. Haka kawai dai"

"It sounds like you don't want to go home because.....Ammah is there"
"Honestly.....I think that's why"

Share.......