HS 18*

He clams up.
"What are we going to do?" Adam asks.

"We have a way to deal with this once and for all and you're telling me not to go through with it? Adam you're crazy" I say back.

"Mohammed the man doesn't play fair. He plays dirty. Don't risk your life"

"I have to do something about it. I have leverage against him and I'm going to use it as best as I can. He is a pedophile. He molests children. Something like that in the world will ruin his reputation and his company".

"If you do that you'll be just like him"

"I really don't care right now. It's either I do this or who knows what might happen"

I get up and pick my phone.
"Where are you going?" Adam asks getting frustrated.

"I'm picking up Ammah from her shop"
"Can't she just call Mallam Isa to do that?" He asks.

"Look! There is no use for that when she has a husband who can do that".
"But we have a lot to talk—" I cut him off.

"Adam! We have nothing to talk about. I can't let him do anything when I have something against him".

"Whatever" He says walking out angrily.

I huff irritated by his tantrums.
Adam has always been the type who always wants things to go exactly the way he wants it too but that's not how life works at all. Not everything goes the way you want it to, he should be used to that by now.

   I pick up my car keys and walk out.

...............................
...............................

   Ammah stands outside the drivers seat where I sat with a box in her hands.
"Ammah are you getting in or not?" I ask internally praying she'll just come in.

I parked my car right outside her shop.
"I have something for you" she says smiling giddily.

"What is it?" I asked with a bored expression.
"I know the last one was childish and stupid so I made you another one"

"Okay then. That's good"
She frowns.
"At least make an effort"

I open the door and come out, hovering over her small figure.
"What is it?" I ask with a fake smile.
"Open it"

I open it.
It's a cake.

I smile.
It was really nice.

"It's nice. I love you too babe" I say to her. She blushes turning her face away feeling embarrassed.
I laughed.

She can be really cute and tolerating when she wants to.
"I love it, beautiful"
"Really? I made it myself this time. I know you don't really eat these sugary things but this is the only thing I can proudly say I'm good at"