Unknown Darkness-Chapter 21- Of royal blood

Chapter 21- Of royal blood

“Excuse me Apollo?”

“Yes Jessie?”

“We have to do something. We can’t let her do this. Who knows how many innocent people she’s killed. We need information; then we need to kill her.”

“Jessie only a royal vampire can kill her.”

“Aren’t I a royal vampire?”

“Your Royal but you are not a full vampire-“

“Yet”, I say interrupting him.

“Can’t I be changed?”

“Well yes, but we need a full blooded vampire for that.”

“We have one.”

“Who, Mason? No dear I fear you misunderstand me. We need an adult vampire… that is willing to give up his life. “

“Why would he have to give up his life? Didn’t you turn me into a half vampire without a problem?”

“I GAVE you my blood. To turn you into a full vampire that means I would have to TAKE away all your humanity which I would to by drinking your blood; Then giving you vampire blood. I would like to remind you that drinking from a royal is fatal to everyone.”

“Oh yeah… I forgot.”

“Where will we find a vampire willing to give his life?”

“We aren’t the only ones that want HER to stop.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived to a small beat down house. The windows had silver bars across them, and the door had a single cross necklace on it.

“Why do they have all that silly stuff on the house Apollo?” Mason asked from behind me. His hot breath on my neck sending chills down my back.

“It’s a joke; Keeping the hunters from getting curious. Silver will not hurt us and nor will a cross, but lets not tell the hunters that.”

We knocked four times on the cracked oak wood door. On the fourth knock the door cracked open and a finger poked out with a small dot where blood was trickling out in a steady line. Apollo lifted his hand and made the same dot on his own finger with his fang. The two put their fingers together then softly said- “Blood on blood, Brother to Brother, as evil is to good.”

The door shut then re opened reveling a small goblin shape. He and Apollo embraced quickly then he stepped aside for us to enter.

“Apollo?”

“Don’t speak Jessie. Not yet.”

We walked through a unusually wide hallway, that had coats upon coats of different reds.

“The red is blood of enemies.” Apollo stated non- chalantly.

My stomach tightened into knots then we walked to the very last door at the top of the hall.

“Who seeks entry?” Said an emotionless voice from behind the door.

“Apollo the Guardian of the weak and unwise, Mason the young Fledgling; and Jessie Williams Royal daughter if Temara and Ezekial.”

The door swung open and a man around the age of 40 looked straight at me with small crystal blue eyes. Then the man stepped out and threw his hands out. As I am about to shake his hand he lowers himself to the ground… and Bows?

“Mistress Williams, for I had not known you were arriving here or I’d have escorted you to my office myself. Please forgive me Mistress.”  I give a confused sideways glance towards Apollo.