Unknown Darkness Chapter 12- Detective Jhonson

Detective Johnson POV*

When I arrived the woman's house was spotless. No sign of a break in and no sign of a struggle. The only sign of anything bad going down here is a middle aged woman. Probably in her late 30's sprawled out across the floor. She’s lying in a dark puddle of her own blood. You can tell she’s been dead for a few days. As I continue my investigation I go down the hall to her bedroom. Her bags are thrown on the bed and her clothes are neatly packed inside. She was preparing for trip. Maybe trying to get away? Who was she running from? No. If she was running she wouldn't have packed so neat. She might not have even taken the time to pack. She definitely was not expecting her visitor. Her cat hisses at me from under the bed. I hate these sorts of cases. Woman living alone with an animal, ultimately the only ones to see their deaths. Whether it be natural or murder.

"Animal Services needs to be called to pick up this cat!" My under investigators nod and start to call the animal services. As I go down the hall I see pictures of family and friends. In my case reading everyone down this hall of memories is dead other then the girl who is currently in Cali. Considering this is the woman's only living relative. I got a girl to call...

Steph POV*

"We are after the girl called Jessie, Stephanie. I heard that she attends your school. Look for her, and bring her to me." Jessie... What could they want with her? This isn't right; I can’t get Jessie for HER.

"Why do you wish for Jessie? I can get you way more valuable girls from our school other than a human. I have a witch rooming next door to me. She is very advanced in magic and could come to be useful to you."

"I want Jessie. You don’t understand do you Stephanie. She is a Royal blood, and not only that; she is the LAST royal blood from her family line. She holds all t\their family power. If I get a hold of her, I drink from her royal blood and its all mine."

"What about the rumors? If you drink from a Royal blood you will die almost instantly after."

"Lies my dear. That's how her royal family has come into existence. Her ancient grandfather- one of the first vampires ever killed his fellow elders and obtained all their powers."

"But ma'am-"

"NO BUT'S STEPHANIE!! I WANT JESSIE!" 

As I walk back to my dorm pictures of Jessie flash through my mind. I don’t know if I can do this. I mean, me and Jessie are friends right? We’ve been through so much together. I just can’t… Even so… Mother is my first and best friend. She saved me…

_Flashback_

“Momma! Please don’t leave me! It’s cold mommy! I’m hungry!”

“Honey just stays there in the corner. I’ll be back when I can with food and a blanket ok?”

“But mommy, I don’t want to be alone! Please!!”

“NO! Stop your whining. You’re a big girl now. So act like it. I will be back as soon as I can.”

My mom was gone for 3 days. Luckily it snowed one of the nights so I got water from that. She left me cold, wet, thirsty, hungry, and… alone.

SHE found me one day and pulled me close into her coat and pressed me to her. Although her body wasn’t that warm and I didn’t have the comfort of a heartbeat. I got warmer and felt safer.

“Are you alone young one?”

_End_

“Are you alone young one”… Yes, I was alone, and even though this was so long ago, her musical voice and sweet face still pushes to the front of my memories.

Of course this was until darkness ate at her beauty and soul. I owe this woman, just because she was there. She was my first friend and my only one for so long.

I know what I have to do…

“Are you alone young one…?”