Unknown Darkness Chapter 8-Death

Chapter 8- Death

Death brought us here,

To this nightmare of a life.

The darkness is my only friend.

I drink the life from others,

I see their faces in my sleep.

What a monster I've turned out to be...

Sitting in the dark,

I starve myself alone.

I will NOT continue with this life,

And I cannot call this dark place a home.

How I long to be back with my family,

How I long to be normal again,

How I long... to find love... <3

    ~Taylor Jayna

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Mason P.O.V)

  Apollo is teaching me how to hunt without killing. I've only lived off of blood bags, now my body wants more. If we get attacked I won't survive if I don't drink human blood. Believe it or not vampires will fight over the hell hole we have. My mind keeps flashing back to the day I woke up a vampire. I remember when my fangs first pieced into human flesh; my mothers to be exact. She was already dead but my father... he was a great man and father; I did him wrong... The guilt weighs down my heart.

"Boy are you listening to me!?!"

"Yes Apollo."

"You have to control yourself; if you don't then you will kill the human you're feeding from."

"You're a demon. What would you know about feeding?"

"You think vampires are the only ones who need blood to survive?" I shut my mouth and look straight ahead. Maybe he was trying to protect me more than I thought he was; I mean he is out here teaching me how to hunt.

"There." Apollo whispers to me and points to a girl walking on the other side of the street. Her blonde hair is put into curls that sway as she walks. I look down at her body and notice she has a boot on her leg; she must have broken it or something.

"Apollo her?"

"Yes her."

"But she's hurt."

"Easier prey." With a nod I run across the street and wrap my arms around the girl and cover her mouth. I quickly bite into her neck and let my fangs pierce into her skin. As I drink I feel her body relaxing into my arms.

"Mason, you should stop now, you've taken enough." I hear him and what he's saying, but I can't stop.

"Mason." I feel his arm on my shoulder and I realize I'm kneeling on the ground holding an almost dead girl in my arms. I quickly let go of her neck and look down at her. I brush back her hair from her face and stroke the long cut on the side of her face. Her lips are pale and her once rosy cheeks lost their color.

"Is she going to die?" I turn to Apollo.

"Yes..."

"There has to be a way we can help! I don't want to be the reason for her to die!"

"Its part of life mason, get used to it."

____________________________________________________

(David Aka. Burger boy P.O.V)

  I look at the clock on the wall. Jessie should be here by now... What's taking her so long? She called me not even thirty minutes ago, what if she ditched me? Maybe I am to blame for her... I hate this! No she wouldn't leave me hanging like that. She and I were both looking forward to seeing Tron 3D and talking about the nice fight she had with Mr. Perfect. I have a little bit longer till I'm off my shift. Maybe she fell and hurt herself.

"Hey David! You can get out of here and go see your girlfriend!"

"She isn't my girlfriend! But thank you Kent!"  Kent's my manager, he's a pretty cool guy, he works around my Other 'Jobs' Schedule and takes it easy on me when he knows I'm in a bad mood. All in all he's the best boss man anyone could ever ask for.

I grab my jacket and leave the Burger place waving goodbye to Kent. Walking down the sidewalk the crisp cold air nips at my nose and I slide my hands into my pockets. It's to cold for it to be Cali... Looking at the beach I see the stars over the water and the moon lighting up the water.  My attention gets drawn from the moon to a crutch lying on the ground. As I pick it up I see Wtf?!? On the side and realize its Jessie's. Maybe she did fall; I slide my hand down to get the other one and feel blood along the edges. Oh shit no! I drop the crutches and run down the dark alleyway. The words: Please don't be dead, please don't be dead, I keep repeating over and over in my head. Please Jessie... don't be dead...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry it’s not long just had to give ya summtin to think about for the weekend!

Jessie to the right ---------->