Unknown Darkness chapter 11- Short but sweet

Chapter 11- Short but sweet

Knowing I'm different gave me a sudden longing to be human. It gave me a sudden longing to see David... It's about 4:00pm so he should be getting out of work in about 30 minutes. I might be able to make it. He got his cell taken so I can't call him. If I don't make it at least I'll be able to get a burger. I go out to the buss stop down the street from my school. Since the accident I've been carrying around a knife although I'm sure whoever bite me before will not come back. The bus picks me up and it's the driver from the other night. She gives me a Solomon nod and I sit in the back away from her eyes.  We arrive at 4:35 and I run into the burger place. David is working behind the cash register in the drive thru.

it was 6:00 by the time I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Jessie? How long have you been here"

"I must have fell asleep. I've been here since 4:30ish I think"

"Would you like to come over to my house for a little bit?"

"Are u sure?"

"Yeah, my parents are drunk off their ass every night and in bed by the time I get home"

He's actually inviting me to his house... I could feel my stomach tightening and a blush coming to my face "I would love to."

David grabs my hand and leads me to his car. He drives a beat up little Toyota. It has a chipped blue paint job and a cracked windshield. When I get in the leather seats squeak under my butt. He has a little grim, reaper air freshener that has to be at least a year old and has run out of fragrance. He has a cleaner car then I would expect. The only piece of trash in my view is a crumbled up receipt.

"Sorry my cars a little messed up Jessie, but it does really good on gas."

"David I don't care. I don't even have a car. And when I was renting one it looked a whole lot worse. So don't worry about it k man?"

David just nods and starts driving. About 10 minutes into the drive he pulls over on a side street, turns on a light and looks at me.

"Are we just friends?"

"Well that depends. Is that your wimpy excuse of asking me out?"

"Possibly. Is that your fucked up way of saying yes?"

"Possibly" he gives me a little smirk and continues driving to his house. When we pull up its a little double wide trailer. The lights are all off through the house and there are no other cars in the drive way.

"Your parents out?"

"I guess. Probably went out to get beer." as we were walking up the steps they creaked under my feet. David spun round and looked down at my leg.

“You healed really fast Jessie"

" Yeah I'm just amazing like that" we continued on into the house and a smell of cigarettes and whiskey hits me in the face like a brick. The place is spotless, other then the over flow of alcohol bottles in the trash can. He quickly pulls me into his room. When we are both in he shuts his door a locks a deadlock.

"My parents get Rowdy when the drink. Made the mistake of leaving my door unlocked once when I was15. My father came in and beat my face for about 6 minutes before he told me he was angry over me missing a dish when I washed dishes."

I didn't know David's parents were drunks. Hell I didn't even know what kind of car hed driven until today.

"I-I'm sorry David"

"Jess don't worry about it. It was a Few years ago. I learned my lesson."

"But David-" his lips touch mine and his heat spreads over me. It was a soft short kiss but it said more then words could ever say. David was with me, and I was with him. We didn't have any worries right now, and it's just us.

"I'm sorry Jess. I um... I'm sorry." pressing my lips back against his was all the forgiveness he needed. His hands travel up my back and we are perfectly intertwined in a deep kiss. His tongue slides across my bottom lip and I let him in. My hands travel up to his hair and I twirl a lock between my fingers. A loud knock on his door startles us and we move apart quickly.

"Yes!?"

"me and yo momma is about to go to the bar! In expect them dishes done and that trash out when I get back. And don't you run off again boy! You know how dat there worked for ya last time" this ass hole has got to be his dad. I couldn't have thought he could be more douche like he could be till I heard that ridiculous accent. It's like Steph's , just gone wrong.

"Yep. I got you." after that you hear the front door slam and they are gone.

"Sorry about that Jess."

"Its fine David"

"Let's get you home before they get back."