Unknown Darkness Chapter 10-What am I?

Chapter 10 What am I?

(Jessie P.O.V)

When we walked into the room my side of the wall was painted black. My desk was decorated with old photos of my parents and my old friends back home. My bed had new black and purple comforter on it and my favorite teddy bear was at the top of my bed.

"I thought you would like to come back to this. I even unpacked your stuff and put it away in your closet and dresser. All in color order. Do you like it?"

"Yeah Steph... this is amazing..." she did all this for me... how much better can she get?

"Jessie you should lie down and rest."

"I can't, this cast is getting on my last nerve..."

"Want me to take you to the nurse? I'm sure she could get it off."

Our nurse had light brown hair. Every hair had to have had a split end. It was put up in a bun 24/7. Her breath smelled like well... shit... and she had the softest touch an elephant would.

"The nurse...?"

"Yeah, I mean she would get the job done."

"Or just re-break my leg?"

"Come-on Jessie. Please?"

"Fine but you're not leaving me alone in the room with that woman."

"Fine fine let's go!" She quickly grabs my arm and pulls me out the room leading my to the nurses office.  When we get in we see the nurse standing in front of a bed giving one of the little kids that attend the middle school side a shot in his arm.

"All done. Run along now." The kid jumps off the bed and runs out of the room.

"How may I help you ladies?" His, I mean HER voice is husky and deep. Her hands are thick and they look like they could choke the life from me. God this woman is scary...

"We need to get her cast off."

"Ok sit down on the bed."  I slowly make my way over to the bed and sit down on the edge.

"Lift your leg" Lifting my leg into her hands I close my eyes tight and grip Steph's hand harder than I ever could before. She takes a big pair of sharp scissors and starts to cut down the cast. She slowly takes it off and we see my tan leg back to normal. I thought it would be all pale and gross but it came out just as normal as it was before.

"Owe!" The nurse yells and she lifts her bleeding finger. As soon as I see the blood the smell hits me shortly after. My throat feels sore again, my body feels weak and my brain is screaming food. Why would my brain be saying this. Blood isn't food! It's part of a human being. As I close my eyes I think of the boy, his lips covered in my blood. His beautiful red eyes... Blood... the word is so appealing to me now... That's all I want is blood... oh god what am I...?

"Jessie? You ok?" I open my eyes and look at Steph.

"Yeah I'm fine let's go." The nurse had bandaged up her finger and gave me a hall pass to go back to my room. Steph and Iwalk slowly back to our room.

"Jessie you sure your ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Ok..." We enter our room and I lay down on my bed. Closing my eyes tight wrapping my teddy tight in my arms. My throat still hurts... Why do I crave blood like this... please tell me what I am... please...

My dream was dark, the moon was glistening across the ocean and my body felt light. As I was watching the moon I saw myself walk across my path. This is the night I was going to see David. When I pass the ally I hear footsteps again and the boy is biting into my neck bringing me to the ground. That's the boy... the boy with the blood on his lips... I see myself... slowly being drained of life. When he finishes he looks down at me with worry and agony in his eyes. Then my eyes close and I seem dead. Just dead...