Is this him?

After one of the quickest showers she had ever taken, Mandy followed the sound of her mother’s and Tyler’s voices to the kitchen and found Tyler pouring her a cup of coffee that he placed next to a plate with a sandwich on it.

“This will have to see you through until we grab something in town, OK?”

“Sure.”  Mandy answered him just before she breathed in another mouthful, making him chuckle at her while she just rolled her eyes at him playfully.

“Do you want to see what I have done at our place first, or do you want to go into town now?”

Watching her closely, he could not decide what she wanted to do first.  Perhaps she did not mind either way.

“Not sure, how about we go out first, and then we can spend the rest of the day at our place.”  Saying the words made him smile like an idiot.  It sounded so good when she said: ‘our place’ that he wanted her to say it over and over again.

He was happy when Mandy agreed to his suggestion, but he also did not miss the quick frown on Dinah’s face.  Sighing, Tyler felt glad that he was in such a good mood that Dinah’s concern for Mandy did not irritate him.

When he had stepped into the kitchen after coming out of Mandy’s room; Dinah had stiffened.  She had kept up a firm wall in her mind and his good manners were too ingrained for him to probe deeply into why she had tensed up like that.  Dinah had kept the conversation light but he had seen the way she kept glancing towards the door, waiting for Mandy to come in.  Now that Mandy was here, Dinah seemed more at ease, but she was still tense whenever he spoke and it was starting to bother him.  Holding back his irritation, he told Mandy to hurry up.  Why would she choose to start eating like a lady today of all days when normally she couldn’t breathe in her food fast enough?

And just as he was contemplating dragging her away, she went and proved again just how unpredictable she could be.

“So Mom, what do you think of his eyes?  Way out, right?”

Tyler felt like face-palming himself.

Of course Dinah was going to be all weird around him now that he had changed.  Again.  Mandy really knew him too well if she had guessed that he was totally clueless as to why her mother was behaving so strangely.  Her wolf would have sensed the change in him but would not know what and why it had happened.

Hell, he did not even know why it had happened.  Regardless; he was very pleased that it had happened.  He had never felt this balanced in his whole life and he imagined that the only way his newfound equilibrium could be improved upon; would be when he has completed the mating process with Mandy.

Dinah cleared her throat nervously, and flashed him a quick glance.  “Rather.  How did that happen?”

Tyler tried to organize his thoughts into a coherent way, but Mandy barged right through.  “Ty thinks his two halves MERGED.”

Tyler and Dinah both laughed at the way she said it and immediately the atmosphere relaxed.  He shot Mandy a loving and grateful look that she replied to with a saucy wink.  With one ear he listened as Mandy explained what they thought had happened while most of his mind was busy cataloging all the many reasons he was blessed to have her as his.

He realized now that he sometimes got so involved in the situation that he did not see what was happening right in front of him.  Luckily Mandy saw that her mother was unsettled and she knew straight away why.  Mandy was just so perfect for him.  The sound of their laughter brought him back from his mental walk-about.

“What?”  He asked; still feeling dazed from contemplating about how amazing Mandy is.

Mandy struggled very hard to keep the laughter from bubbling up. The goofy expression on his face was clearing up and changing to one of confusion.  She put down the empty cup and walked over to him.  With one hand she tenderly combed back a few strands of his hair off of his forehead.