choked up about me?

At a near run, he took the stairs up to his room and he closed the door behind him with a long sigh of relief.  He still felt slightly embarrassed that he had taken off like that; but the effect that surprising glint in her eyes had on him, made him quake in his shoes.

In all this time, he had never been attracted to any woman; or girl while he was growing up.  He had known Mandy was his mate and he had always been very happy about if.  ‘Oh, who the hell am I kidding,’ he thought.  He was thrilled beyond measure that they would be together one day and that knowledge left a deep seated satisfaction in him that had become part of him so much that it could never ever go away.

The way he was responding to her emotionally and physically surprised the hell out of him.  He had not expected it to be this strong so soon.  And he had definitely not expected her to be so darn happy about it.  But it still did not stop the silly grin from spreading across his face.

At least he and Mandy were on the same page again and he would never let anything come between them again.  Ever!

Unable to resist, he opened up the channel between them wider so that he could get a better sense of what she was doing and how she was feeling right now.  The first impression he got, was one of sleepiness as her thoughts flickered around randomly.  It did however hold a slightly foreign tinge and he searched his mind to find the right word to describe how she felt.

Her mind flickered brighter for a short moment, and he had to grip the door firmly to stop himself from barging out and going right back to her.  Because there was no mistaking the sensual tint to her emotional state while she was doing … whatever it was she was doing!  Luckily for him it was nothing more that a spark before it flickered away to make place for fatigue. He smiled as the image of her yawning and stretching like a tired kitten sprung to his mind and gave a soft burst of laughter when he felt the exhaustion take hold of her as she drifted off to sleep gently.

Falling onto his bed, he decided to rather have a shower before he and Mandy went into town.  Still smiling, he turned over and dragged the edge of a blanket over him as he clung to her presence in his mind that he had missed so much.

After a refreshing shower Tyler joined his parents in the kitchen.  Sean and his mate were visiting with some of the younger pack members.  He had still not chosen a beta because he was stuck between two guys who were both very good candidates, so he was hoping that if he spent more time with them that he would be able to make a decision soon.

“It is good to see that you got to stay the night.”

Alex laughed at Cassy as she stood up to get Tyler something to drink.

“Yeah.  I am just as glad there seems to be a bit of a break for me.  I just hope it lasts.  I still haven’t given Mandy her birthday present yet.”

Alex pointed to a brightly wrapped box on top of the fridge.  “It’s all there, just like you asked.”

“Did you want to do this with only the two of you, or would you mind if we tagged along?”

With a thoughtful look Tyler looked at his mother.  Did he want someone else there when he showed Mandy what he had gotten her for her birthday?  His mind went back to that morning and the memory of the smallest bit of sensuality boiling up in her made him decide against being alone with her right then.  It would be much easier if there were other people present.  The more the better.

“Nah, it would be cool if you were there; and Mandy’s family too.  I am sure they would like to be there as well.  I will let you know when we are on our way back.  I am taking her to town for lunch; and maybe we will catch a movie, or we might just walk around in the mall or something.”