Chapter 28- Pasado

COUNTDOWN TO THE END: 6

----------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pasado.

I was amazed at how fast Immortals could heal. Caleb was beginning to walk on his own now, he was stronger.

I always felt too embarrassed to approach him though. We hadn't spoken since the night it all happened.

But I had heard from Oscar that he took the news about Gabriel pretty bad, and Tanya said that he was relieved when he learned I was all right.

Which made me feel great.

A little part of me wondered why Caleb hadn’t asked  to see me. I knew I must have been on his mind.

Was it because he didn’t care? Or was he too embarrassed for me to see him injured?

I brushed the thought from my mind soon.

I heard a loud commotion outside. Everyone was gathered around someone, and they sounded angry.

“What happened?” I ran towards them. I saw Ahmed sitting on a rock, with a large gash on his head.

“My brother was foolish enough to go back to The Island.” Saad, his identical twin responded. And my mouth hung open in astonishment.

“How could you do that, Ahmed!” Tanya scolded him. “You could’ve easily been killed.”

“I teleported away, didn’t I?” He defended himself.

“Not fast enough,” John pressed a warm towel to his wound. Ahmed instantly flinched in pain.

“I wanted to see what happened to the others…”He said, with creased eyes. Everyone glanced at each other unsure of how to react.

“Well…?” Tanya asked.

“There was no sign of anyone.” He said. “But I did run into a red cloak.”

Obviously,” Saad rolled his eyes.

“I know what happened to Mary Anne…” Ahmed finally said, and suddenly everyone became quiet.

“And what might that be?” A voice came from the distance.

I knew that voice like the back of my hand, it sent good shivers down my spine.

It was Caleb Deverix.

He was fully dressed, and looked stronger than ever. His pale skin was marvelous, it glowed bright under the contrast of his sleek black hair, and the transparency of his diamond blue eyes.

Oscar stood by his side. “Where is she?” He sounded anxious.

“I couldn’t get much out of him,” Ahmed began, “But apparently she had escaped a few days before we got there.”

“Escaped?” Oscar’s eyes lit up, even more than Caleb’s.

She’s alive.” He said, with a grand sense of relief. His brown eyes began to nearly glow.

Caleb padded Oscar on the shoulder with a big smile. “I told you brother!” he said. “I promised you I’d find her.”

 “I was beginning to lose hope,” Oscar inhaled. “But she could be anywhere…”

“Don’t worry.” Caleb assured him. “I know exactly where to look.”

***