Chapter 15- Loyalties.

----------------------------

Chapter Fifteen: Loyalties

12PM

Midnight in the Mortal Realm

An important man sits calmly in his office with his hands gently holding up his chin.

He looked around him, at the chandelier that hung high in the decorated ceiling. At his collection of books, of pens, of watches; which was perfectly placed on a set of vintage chestnut shelves.

***

12:07AM

A tall grandfather clock ticks loudly in the silent room.

The door squeaks open and a young man peaks his head in. His eyes are weary, but he manages to look alert and attentive.

“Sir,” He begins. “I’ve cancelled your flight as you’ve asked. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“No, Heinrich.” The man answers softly. He smiles at the young man and raises his head towards him. “Go home, you’ve had a long day.”

“And what about you, sir?” The man asks with concern.

“I’ll be here taking care of some matters.”

The young man nods a yes and proceeds to close the door.

***

12:26AM.

The long decadent curtains swarms inward dramatically.

Ambassador,” A new voice appeared in the room.

A black robe hovered lightly above the maroon rug. A new man had magically entered the room. He was tall, beautiful; with his signature high cheek bones and porcelain skin.

“Vorenus…” The man rose from his seat and wore a welcoming smile.

 “I came as soon as you called…” said Vorenus, his dark black eyes were serene and inviting.

“My loyal friend.” The ambassador nodded a yes.

Vorenus walked around the grand office and let his eyes explore his surroundings. He observed the portraits of the Ambassador—pictures of him shaking hands with humans, smiling with them, existing with them;

And he looked at the technologies around him; the clocks, the phones, the computers. Mortal magic. As the immortals referred to it.