Chapter 2; Crimen.

----------------

Chapter Two: Crimen.

"Open the door." I heard a loud bang.  Whoever it was outside my door nearly startled me out of my daze. I ran towards it, hoping that it was Caleb.

 "This is Dublin Police.” The voice said in an Irish accent.  "Open the door." 

"Is-Is there something wrong officer?" My voice stuttered nervously, my hands shook on the knob, he looked at me cautiously. He was a tall middle aged man in uniform, he held out his badge up for me to see.

And as I stood there shaking, it was becoming evident that Caleb had really left me alone.

Caleb Deverix was gone.

 "I'm afraid we're evacuating the hotel. Everyone needs to leave." His words made its way into my mind, forcing a distraction from my devastating truth: Caleb had abandoned me.

"What?" I asked, slowly coming out of my trance.

"I can't..." I told him, shaking my head back to reality; my voice had been so weak. 

"I'm afraid that’s not an option.''

 I looked at the window again. I kept on picturing Caleb appearing out of nowhere like he always did. Maybe he would, maybe he just needed time or air.

"Why?" I asked the police officer.

"There's been a murder." He said, and those words might as well have slapped me right in the face, I put a hand on my chest. 

"We are carrying on an investigation." He lowered his badge and put it back into his pockets. "Murder?!" I repeated appalled.

 Blood rushed to my head. I looked at the window again. The wind blew the curtains in and out.

Still no Caleb. 

"There's been a brutal murder of two civilians. We need to clear the hotel and proceed to question any potential witnesses."

And thats when an outrageous little thought made its way into my nervous mind. This little thought, however, was anything but hopeful.

"What do you mean brutal?" I bursted out sounding a little too demanding, his eyes widened a bit. "What do you mean, Officer?" I asked again. Stay calm, Sarah. 

"I'm not supposed to give details..." He said, "...but giving the fact that you're not from around here you might want to choose another area to stay in..." He said nodding his head, he had noticed my accent.

"The victims were also known to be American. An American couple." He looked around the hallway and lowered his voice into a gentle murmur. 

" They died of a serious rupture to a few main arteries in the neck. It might be a hate crime."

 His voice dulled away for just a moment, but it was long enough for a memory to pull me in. A memory of a night just like this one, a cold and dark night, the night that I witnessed Caleb killing a man. My heart sank as I realized that he might have done it again. 

'' Would you like to report any sightings?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze again. I nodded a no and looked at the empty window one last time. 

 I shook my head, and put a hand on my forhead.  "Come with me, you'll be able to come back and gather your belongings after were done."

He nodded for me to walk ahead. There were other officers knocking on the other doors of the other rooms. Women in night gowns seemed startled, a man in his bathrobe complaining. "This is outrageous!" He yelled.