Chapter 19- Clash

Important note: As of October 2014 I have re-written this book!

I truly apologize, but it's extremely important for this book to come out the way I envisioned it. I hope you all would give it a chance, I really think it's improved!

Thank you all.

----------------------------

Chapter Nineteen: Clash.

We were in a vast open desert.

The sun was so bright, I could hardly see anything at all. I instantly regretted not having packed some sunglasses for my ‘sensitive human eyes’ as Gabriel referred to it.

“I think I sense something!” Gabriel cried out. The three of us were so spread out, but when Gabriel said this, Caleb and him instantly appeared by my side.

“Are you sure?” Caleb asked with eagerness in his voice.

“I sense something.” Gabriel creased his eyes in confusion; “How old did you say Maximus was?”

“Older than I am,” Caleb answered. “Much older.”

Which I knew meant that Maximus must have been at least a thousand years old.

“No, no…”Gabriel shook his head and widened his eyes in alarm.

“I’m not sensing anyone that old, Caleb. I think we’re in trouble.”

“What?!” I gasped. “What do you mean Gabriel?”

Caleb quickly pulled me to the side, and tried to remain calm. He stayed silent for a moment, mentally planning for the worst. “How many of them?” He finally asked Gabriel. And I quickly began to panic.

“I..I’m not sure…” Gabriel stuttered, I could see that he was nervous too. I wasn’t sure if illicit Immortals had experience fighting other Immortals. If it was just Caleb fighting an entire group, he could be killed easily.

I cringed at the thought.

“Focus, Gabriel.” Caleb spoke through his teeth. He seemed completely agitated, I saw the despair in his eyes. “How many?”

Three!” Gabriel blurted out when Caleb pressured him. “Three, maybe four…”

“How close are they, Gabriel?” I asked desperately, I was shaking frantically. “Maybe we can run!” I pleaded.

“No,” Caleb closed his eyes. I knew that he begun to sense them too, which meant that they were much closer.

“Gabriel, focus. Can you tell if they’re a part of The Council? Or The Alliance?” Caleb held Gabriel’s shoulder and focused on his gaze.

“Neither,” Gabriel answered. “They’re far too young to be either.”

“Good,” Caleb nodded trying to remain calm.  “This means we can defeat them.” He told Gabriel, who by now seemed to be as nervous as I was.

“Are you prepared?” Caleb asked, and Gabriel took a good inhale. “Yes.” He nodded with a look of uncertainty.

“What about me?”

I was nearly hyperventilating. My hands were trembling and I could feel my heart ringing behind my ears. Caleb held my hand up, and then he dug into his shirt to pull out his necklace.

“Guard this,” He said handing me the First Stone. The bright sun fell directly on his eyes, and I saw them roar with Excellency. “I need you to run back to the tribe.” He said, nearly startling out of my admiration.