014

listen to "Jealous" by Nick Jonas (one of the songs in playlist)

        Leave it to me to screw things up further. I was so furious that he didn't want me. That he wasn't as interested in me as I was in him. Yes, he admitted he finds me attractive, but I find him magnetic in every method of his character. I praise his patience and endurance, and at the same time its commendable gene is irritable. 

        Paige strolled into my bedroom as I lied down on my stomach, scribbling on a piece of paper doodles. There wasn't much to do here that was merely entertaining. Harry today hasn't showed his face around me, and I had a feeling it would be awkward the next time I'm in a room with him. I practically threw myself at him. 

        "I want to go shopping," she stated with a sigh. I peered up at her from my papers, scanning her outfit. She wore a white crop top with a squared neckline and white high-waisted pants. I bet my father spent hundreds of dollars on that one outfit. Paige hated her circumstances, but took advantage of the money. 

        Her blonde hair was tossed into a pony tail, her delicate eyeliner winged perfectly and her eyelashes coated in brown mascara. She held a bag in her hands, kicking the heels of her black DSW boots together with a grin plastered on her face. 

        I forgot she was fifteen for a second or two. 

        With a slight frown, I placed my hands on the mattress and pulled myself off of it. "Okay? Where are we going?" I began to ask, already slipping my feet into a pair of flip flops. 

        Paige huffed, putting her hand up. "Catalina, quit wearing those flip flops. Fashion is praise and a lifestyle here in Europe. You have better taste than I do, so use it please. Especially if you're going out with me." 

        I raised my eyebrows at her. She had such a bold, aggressive attitude. Rebellious and careless. Confidence that shrunk the limelight on anyone's ego compared to hers. 

        "I'd appreciate it if you would stopped acting like you're thirty." 

        "I'm not going to sulk about being fifteen and having no friends, Catalina. I'm capable of more than being some innocent, prude fifteen year-old girl," she remarked, an eyebrow raising on her face as she inhaled, puffing out her chest a bit. "So...father and I discussed a few things, and he proposed that we could go shopping today. No budget." 

        "That's marvelous," I murmured, going through the racks in my closet now. I pulled out a strapless, black crop top along with a big jean jacket I would roll up on my elbows. Then I pulled out black skinny jeans. After removing my current clothes, I slipped my feet into a pair of tan wedges.

        Paige examined me. "See, much better."

        I nodded in agreement. Despite being more comfortable in a pair of loose pants and flip flops, I seemed to feel more at peace with my appearance when wearing something of higher caliber. Paige leaded me out of my bedroom and into the main foyer of the enormous house. 

        There, the man that had complimented my looks during a conversation with Harry appeared. He was dressed in the regular black attire, his dark hair slick back, which defined the shape of his flawless face. If my father's goal is to separate us from the men in any way rather than work, then he is failing massively. 

        Paige let out a muffled whimper, biting her lip. "That's Zayn. He's in charge of me when that old idiot I told you about isn't around." She leaned in to whisper in my ear. "He actually has a personality unlike that Harry guy."