044

note: i love this gif bc harry looks hot af and then there's liam just being thug ass liam and he's hot af too so like why can't i have this

Sorry for any errors.

My hands fly over my mouth to cover the gasp. The blood drains from my body, and I am left cold and nearly lifeless once the words leave his mouth. The beating of my heart thumps in my ears, and it feels like I've been struck with a needle at the very center of my being.

"How long do you plan on running away with Mr. Gates' daughter?" Liam asks with an lowness to his voice. The stinging in my eyes does not permit me to keep strong, and the lump in my throat encourages warm tears to slip from my eyes.

There was a brief pause before I hear Harry say, "I've spent enough time with her. All that I needed."

"Are you...Harry, you're fucking deciding to be killed?" Zayn asks.

"I didn't do what Fray wanted me to do. We've spent most of our lives figuring out Mr. Gates' moves. We've spent years learning his tricks and the way he thinks. Years gaining his trust so we could over take him. And not to mention Mr. Gates probably knows who the three rotten ones are," he explains dryly. "I couldn't care less."

"You're crazy," Liam breathes. "Since when did Fray give you the order to kill Catalina?"

"Ever since Mr. Gates put me in charge to protect her. My actual job was to kill her, and every time I fucking refused, Fray would send his fucking men to try and kill us both. I pretended to lose contact with Mr. Gates and Fray in Brazil."

The more Harry speaks the more tears rush down my cheeks. I sniffle quietly and lean further into the wall, mouth still covered by my two shaking hands.

"I'm so fucking done. What are we supposed to do when Mr. Gates or Fray comes to fucking hunt us down?" Zayn spits angrily.

"Say that you had nothing to do with it. As a matter of a fact, leave. I'll handle this myself."

"They're going to kill you. Whichever finds you first," Liam insisted.

"I know!" Harry angrily snaps. "You think I haven't thought about that? Hopefully it's Gates so eventually Catalina will be in good hands again."

"He knows we betrayed him. That we've been working for Fray this entire time," Liam breathes, and I could just picture him shaking his head.

"That's why you need to leave and go back to Fray. Pretend like you've never even seen me." Harry insists angrily.

"It's obvious you've pissed me off a lot lately," Zayn states firmly, "But you're the closest thing I have to family, Harry. We've known each other since we were eight. How I am supposed to leave you to die?"

A long pause is all that I hear.

"What happened? How did you lose the urge to follow orders?" Liam questions lowly.

"I have...," Harry starts huskily, "Because I've loved her since I was fifteen. Fucking fifteen years old. And then years later I get an order to kill her? I just fucking couldn't."

Another pause.

"You're a dead man." Liam says quieter than before.

"It was worth it."

I'm overwhelmed. So overwhelmed that I get up and just as I feel the evidence of my lunch rising up my throat, I rush down the stairs and into the nearest bathroom.

My insides are burning and my heart is literally shrewd and withered. Tears that burn in my eyes make the experience worse.

They've been working against my father with my uncle. My uncle Fray.