Chapter 33

Chapter 33:

Charlie's POV
I was reading a book in bed waiting for Nick, but then the door to my bedroom open. Nick came in with two hot chocolate.

Uh oh this wasn't good, when Nick brings over something sweet to bed it's something bad. It was a good thing we both checked before bed.

He sat down next to me and I put away my book. I could tell by the look on his face that it looked like bad news.

Nick: hot chocolate? I checked your meter first to make sure you were at a certain range
Charlie: thanks *takes drink* Nick, what's wrong? Is everything okay?
Nick: what do you mean?
Charlie: you never let me eat sweets before bed unless it's bad news or my sugar is on low

Nick: *sigh* alright. Charlie, baby... if I tell you, do you promise you won't hate me?

Charlie: I promise

He held onto to both of my hand and said.

Nick: w-we are m-moving

I let that all sink in, I was just otter shock, their was no way that's true.

Charlie: w-what? Why are we moving?

Nick: where not moving right away, just until my singing career takes off and where gonna have to move to LA

Charlie: when?

Nick: I decide to move the date until you graduate from elementary school, but-

Charlie -- "but that's in two years"

Nick -- "I know baby, I'm not finished, but they needed to work with me as soon as possible to sign papers, record music and etc. But I figure I should tell you now since I'm already looking for a house in LA before anyone else could tells you

Charlie: why do we have to move?

Nick: because I have to be closer to my new job since I'm not gonna be a teacher anymore. Where I work is in LA

Charlie: but I hate moving and having to leave all my friends and make new one as well. Beside... this is where my mom and dad were you know...

Nick: I know, you don't have to say it you do but there's nothing I could do right now. I already sign the contract.

Charlie: what about grandpa?"

Nick: he decide that he wanted to stay here because he didn't want to leave his home town

Charlie: oh, so grandpa can stay here and I can't?

Nick: *gives me look* look here missy, I'm your guardian. From now on and what I say goes, do understand me?

Charlie: *frowns* yes sir

Nick -- "good girl, this conversation is over, now it's time for bed. I'll wake you up in the morning so you can open your present, okay?

I nodded and he tucks me in and kisses my forehead and left my bedroom and I slowly feel asleep.

*The next day*

Nick woke up and I ran downstairs to find everyone else in the living room and I see present waiting for me on the coffee table.

Charlie: whoa baby! Those are a lot of presents!

Brain: and they are all for you

He said lifting me up and carried me over to the couch and flopped me down in between Jessica and Lauren.

Charlie: who should I open first?

Nick: my gift are last, so you can open up everyone else

I nodded and open up all my classmates/friends gift first. Of course stupid Amanda will give me two pairs of socks, Nick wasn't to please about it but he decided to keep it since I owe him for ripping up his socks *major eye roll*.

At least I got awesome gift from everyone else in the class especially my close friends. Sam and his siblings got me a picture of us together at my last birthday party in New Jersey when my parents were still alive, this was taken at the park.

Kevin and Joe both got me, I don't want to brag or anything, but they both go me a bike!!! I was extremely happy about it because my other bike got stolen maybe Nick was right I should of never left my bike outside.

Natalie and Taylor turn and they got me an easy bake oven. Natalie knew how much I wanted it. Grandpa got me an art set because he knows I love drawing.

Lastly it was Nick turns I was to excited to know what the gift was about because Nick usually gives me the best gift ever. I may be a bit greedy but it's the truth and Nick has spoiled me a lot when I was younger.

Nick: alright Charlie, are you ready to see your gift?
Charlie: of course I am, what is it?
Nick: your gonna have to close your eyes and hold out your hands

I close my eyes tight and held out of my hand. I felt something on my hand and it was warm and soft almost felt like fur.
Nick: now open your eyes

I open my eyes and gasp at the sight, it was a black and grey rabbit and has dark eyes. Nick always knew I wanted a rabbit but my parents couldn't afford one back then.

Charlie: oh my god Nick, thank so much!

I gave Nick a hug and he said.
Nick: you're welcome baby girl, I knew you always wanted one so I been saving up the money to buy you one
Charlie: this is sweet Nick, you're the best big brother ever thanks!
Nick: oh and I believe you have one more gift left

He took something out from his back pocket and hand me the small boxes once I hand Lauren my rabbit so she could hold for me.

I open up the box and then open up the jewelry box and I see how shinny the ring is.
Charlie: is this what I think it is?
Nick: yeap it's a promise ring, the same one mom and dad gave me when I was 11, this is the gift grandma told me to give to you and it was a present from mom and dad. They were suppose to give it to you on your 11th birthday, so do promise to wear the ring?
Charlie: *smiles* of course!

I put the ring on my finger and hug Nick and thanked everyone else.

Nick: well come on guys, I made everyone breakfast in the kitchen
Joe: alright food!

Joe said and running into the kitchen. Everyone laugh at his excitement and Charlie grab her rabbit from Lauren after she let her held and they all follow her to the kitchen.