//Clack//

You brought the sword down in an arc. At that same moment, the blade opened its mouth and let out an ear-piercing shriek of magic energy. The three of them covered their ears. Unable to keep their footing, they were blown back several meters. You landed in front of them, holding the sword in front of you.

"You think it's fun disrespecting the dead like that, huh?!"
The blade was almost on fire—fueled by your rage. On the other hand, Natsu has never seen you as angry as you are. That made him start questioning whether you lost someone close to you.

"Angelica!" Sherry cried, still covering her ears. There was an echoing squeak before the giant ran came flying down in between you.

"STAY OUT OF MY WAY, RODENT!!" One slash was all you needed to send her flying away. Some of the airborne dust blew in front of you, covering your figure. The only thing they saw was a black silhouette and deep, red glowing eyes.

"We have to get out of here," Yuka said, looking around.

"This woman... radiates nothing but hate... not even... love."

"Love?" You repeated. Wisps of flame flicked through your hair, embers sparking. "The hell do you know anything about me? How do you know what I feel? How much I feel it?" The blade caught aflame, a shriek leaving its unnatural mouth.

"Bitter Bolt!" You slashed the sword again. It didn't let out a screech like last time.

"Wave!"
An explosion happened, but it was smaller than its normal magnitude. The remaining smoke and fire were blown away. Yuka and the others were protected by a blue shield.

'My magic... was... nullified?' Hatred no longer flowed through you. Instead, cold, hard, shock did.

'My magic? Nullified?'
Hatred no longer consumed you.

Rage did.

Natsu could feel this dark, foreboding magic roll off of you in waves. He knew you'd be able to protect yourself, but he didn't like what he was sensing.

"You bastard." Inky black began to overtake your white scleras. The tips of your h/c hair turned w/b. (White/Black)

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" A different pitch presented itself as an undertone in your voice. Yuka the Wave User, whose magic was impenetrable by magic, began to sweat profusely. It was very concerning. Small pebbles around you began to levitate from the sheer pressure you were giving off.

"Fifth Circle: Azroz." You pulled out the twin swords, scraping their blades against each other.

"Crap," Yuka cursed. He could tell from the strength of your magic energy, this wasn't going to be a normal attack. The light blue, yin-yang circle appeared above you.

"Death to Magi—"

"STOOOOOOP!!!!"
You stumbled forward when a body came crashing into yours. The circle disappeared and the blackness in your eyes drifted away. "What are you doing?! Calm down! This isn't even the beginning!"
You turned your head, seeing the mop of salmon pink hair slung over your shoulder. The two swords vanished from your hands.

"Why... are you interfering?" You asked slowly, still unable to process what happened. He lifted his head, firm eyes staring into yours.

"You looked like you were going to kill them! I had to do something," he replied, still keeping a grip on your waist. You turned your head around to stare at the trio. You growlers at them, but kept your composure.

"Where are the others?" You asked.

"They evacuated with Gray."
You pushed out of his arms and turned your back on him.

"I'm leaving."
You began to walk away, head lowered, eyes hidden beneath the shadows of your hair.

~
"Nee-chan," the royal-blue haired girl called, smiling softly. "Come on. We'll be late!" With a light huff, you pulled at the uncomfortably tight dress, shuffling awkwardly to avoid falling.

"Oh shut it," you hissed, "I hate things like this. What's even the big deal?" Your sister laughed softly, gazing at you with her gorgeous eyes.

"It's not every year the L/n family has a Grim member," she said, placing her fists on her hips. "This party is for you, Nee-chan. Y/n L/n Grim. It rings." She slid up to you and hooked her arm into yours.

"This doesn't make me any different," you said flatly, looking down at her with a doting gaze.

"Except the fact you have the most powerful wizard inside of you."

"Inside of my mind," you corrected, "That sounds wrong any other way you put it."
She pulled you along with a bright smile.

"Let's go, Nee-chan!"

~
When you came back to your senses, you were no longer where the destroyed village was.

'Oh. I must've been spacing out for a long time.' Now that you were out of your thoughts, you sensed a new and familiar magic presence.

'Oh no.' You took off in the direction of the presence.

'Great. Another problem.' With a sigh, you phased in and out of sight, arriving at a beach in a few minutes.

'There they are—wait.' You saw Erza holding Happy by his tail and holding Lucy at sword-point. With a frown, you jumped high into the air, soaring over the two.

'Second Circle: Kilgror.' Your two swords appeared before you landed in front of Lucy. You pushed her sword away and held the other blade up to her.

"Y/N!" Lucy exclaimed, stars in her eyes.

"Y/n." Erza's eyes narrowed. You two stared at each other in deadly silence.

"You should know better, Y/n," she said, "How dare you betray our master."

"I admit I stooped to Natsu's level," you confessed, "But do not compare idiocy to treason. I take responsibility for coming along with them." Your expression darkened to match hers.

"But don't you dare tell me I betrayed anyone."
Lucy shivered at your tone. She's beyond grateful you weren't as stiff and Erza.

"Why didn't you stop them if you knew it was dangerous?"

"I'm an S-Class wizard," you replied, "They would've been fine. The only thing is I wasn't the one to take the flier."

"Where is Natsu?"

"Beats me." You shrugged. "He was fighting the Cold Emperor's henchmen in the village. I left." Erza lowered her sword and you lowered yours.

"Fill me in," she ordered. You grinned.

"Gladly."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}