Chapter five

Nicole’s POV

The next morning I woke up in a really good mood. And I didn’t mind at all that I had to go to school. Alex usually comes over before we hit the road, but not this morning. She couldn’t be grounded, she hasn’t done anything wrong! I tried to call her, but her phone was turned off. I was starting to worry. I walked to school by myself ‘cause I didn’t have any other choice. It was really windy and it made it hard to walk. I got into school and sat on the desk looking at my phone. Alex hasn’t texted me. Something’s wrong about this situation.

I’ve never been the popular kid in school. I’m known as that bastard whose parents left ‘cause they couldn’t handle the fact I was their child. Popular kids in school really enjoy destroying my life. So, because of that I don’t have many friends - everyone thinks I’m a freak - and I’ve been bullied a lot, actually I still am.

“Oh, there she is! Our little Miss Popular!” I heard a high-pitched voice coming from behind my back. I turned around to see what’s going on when I saw her - Veronica Roberts, a captain of our cheerleading squad. That says it all. She’s more popular than the rating of our school. She looked at me with so much hate in her eyes. I don’t know what have I done to make her hate me. I honestly don’t. She waved with a magazine in her right hand.

“From being nobody’s friend to being One Direction’s friend? Our little freak is getting through...” her voice annoyed me more than anything in the world.

“What?” I asked looking blank at her. How does she know that I’ve met the members of One Direction? She threw the magazine in my face. I picked it up and saw the headline ‘Harry Styles’ new girlfriend?’ I widened my eyes in shock when I saw a picture of Harry and myself. The picture was taken yesterday when he held my hand and led me to the tree. Of course, from the media! I should've known. It’s over now... I totally forgot that Veronica is obsessed with him and how many times have I heard her talking about how Harry will fall in love the moment he sees her. Then, I didn’t know who this Harry was, but now I know. Now, she definitely hates my existence. Oh God, please help me! What did I do to deserve all of this?

She has slept with more than a half of our school...so she’s a slut - like everyone else thinks. It’s just that they are too afraid to tell her in the face. And one of them is me.

“You better stay away from my Harry or you’ll regret it.” She threatened me and I just looked at her wishing that she fell through the ground. “How can Harry even be around you? He must feels sorry for you. I mean, hot guys like Harry plus you... Yuck! You’re too pathetic for him... Harry needs a girl with class like me.” An evil smirk grew on her face. My English teacher walked into the classroom. “I’m sure your brother is the same. Knowing with whom he had to grow up, I won’t be surprised if he becomes a thief, pathetic liar or something...Like you. Look at you. You’re not even worth paying attention on.” I can’t stand her! She’s making my life miserable since I've known for myself. I felt blood in my veins was boiling and I was about to explode.

“Shut the fuck up! How dare you say things like that to me?! You’re popular just because you slept with half of the school! I’m sick of you and your way of talking to me! I don’t know how I've managed to live with all this crap you’re telling about me! I’m not going to take it anymore, so fuck off! And just one little advice... I would look at myself in the mirror and asked myself how I don’t feel embarrassed when I walk through the school hallway knowing that I have slept with half of these guys. And, yet, you’re judging others.” I said yelling in her face not able to control my emotions. Tears streamed down my face. The whole classroom was silent. Veronica had a terrified look in her eyes. I’m never like this. What has happened to me?