Chapter ten

Harry’s POV

I can’t believe time has already flown by. I’m so used to have her around me and that won’t be the case anymore. I became really close to her in these four months and, I know it sounds cheesy but, I’ve never felt like this before. I still remember the day I met her and how cranky I was. I’m laughing at myself. Back then, I didn’t know I’ll meet a possible love of my life, a girl who will make me feel so special, who will bring out the best in me... The reality hasn’t hit me yet. I’m not aware how much I’ll miss all those nights we spent together cuddled up, soft kisses in the morning, the laughs we had and seeing her beautiful face everyday... Is it going to be the same when I get back to see her? The worst scenario was playing in my head as an answer to my question. She doesn’t want to know about me. She has found someone else. She’s trying to forget she even met me because all of the pain and struggles I’ve put her through. I pushed the thoughts away. Why does life take love to the boundaries? Life has always been complicated, but now it’s even more. I was even thinking about taking her and little Will with us to London, but then I realised she’s sixteen and she can’t leave the country without a parent’s permission, that she doesn’t have. If she was eighteen, she could go with us and she would have Alex there to keep her company while the lads and I are touring and doing band stuff. I felt so stupid as nothing else came onto my mind. How can I be so helpless in this moment? It seems like everything is falling apart.

Niall entered the living room holding his guitar. Not long after he started to play familiar chords as he sang quietly.

“Shut the door

Turn the light off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this

Even though I try

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face”

“Niall, lad, could you please stop?!” I looked at the Irish boy who was taken aback by my angry reaction. I didn’t want to be mean to him, but the only thing he did was adding salt to the wound. I got up and exited the room. I decided I’m going to find Nicole. I’m not going to lose time by thinking. Not a minute anymore. Instead of it, I’m going to spend that time with the person I love - with the girl I have to leave behind.

I took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and dialled Nicole’s number. It immediately switched me to the secretary. Since it was Wednesday, I supposed she was in school, but again I looked at her flat. She gave me the keys, just in case something happens and she’s not there. I always teased her how responsible she was and, I don’t know how many times I’ve told her that, she should be more carefree and enjoy the life. But, that’s Nicole.

I opened the front door and the sight didn’t leave me calm - the flat was empty and a bit messy. It’s weird because she’s perfectionist and everything has to be in its place. I was thinking where she could go and then it hit me - her favourite place in Belgrade. I rushed out of the flat and called a cab. The only thing on my mind was: will I find her there?

“To the Belgrade fortress, please. And step on it.” I said to the driver as he did what I asked him to do.

In the cab I was constantly looking at my phone hoping that Nicole will call me back and ignoring the driver who was trying to talk about sports with me.