Chapter fifteen

A/N: Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating and I'm not going to make excuses. It's unfair of me. I was going to try and post every once in a while and I failed in that. I hope you enjoy in this chapter even though it's super short. I love you and please don't hate me.

Sophia

Nicole's POV

Ever since that History class and my outburst at Zach, things had changed. We started to hang out and became really close friends. He wasn't my best friend though. That place will always belong to Alex, even if we stop being friends. He understood my story and I got to know his. The fact that made it funny to believe was he was an only child. Therefore, he didn't have a clue about siblings. Hadn't he had a best friend who had siblings or all kids in Canada were sibling-less?

I remember that one time he met Will. It was so awkward for him. In his eyes, kids are little monsters who bring the worst out of you. I could only disagree with him. He had no right or proof to state that. Will being himself wanted to play with Zach so he was chasing him all over the flat. Zach made some lame excuse how he didn't know how to play and said I would be more than happy to play "hide and seek" with Will. That boy needed help, I tell you.

I was sitting on the grass in the park near my school on a sunny afternoon. It was a perfect summer day to enjoy reading a great book. People tend to say that a person is more likely to find its inner piece by sitting in the nature than being around people. The more I did it, the more I started to believe in it. It can get too crowded when it comes to people and no one likes that.

"Interesting book? I didn't know you like to read", note the irony in Zach's voice. My eyes wandered from the book to him as I smiled. Just by hearing him say a simple and stupid thing, made a smile appear on my face.

"Do you honestly think that was funny?" I asked him cocking an eyebrow. We both laughed at his miserable attempt to be funny.

"So, your birthday is coming soon", Zach stated calmly. I nodded.

I didn't know what he meant by that. I wasn't happy or ready to become an eighteen-year-old. It's known that being a kid is easier. Maybe I hadn't had the best or the easiest life, but I lived it my way.

"Thinking of something special for the special day?" Honestly, I had no intention in celebrating it. What's the point of celebrating my birthday when people I love won't be there to share that moment with me? There's absolutely no point in doing that, right?

"Actually, no. I don't think I will do anything for my birthday. You can still come if you want, though", I replied and turned all of my attention to the book. Zach took that as a cue and didn't say anything afterwards. I know I can be rude and that was one of those moments. We were sitting there for a while until Zach's mum called him to help her with something.

"Are you coming?" he asked brushing himself off.

"No. I'll stay here for a while. I'll see you tomorrow?" I wondered if he even heard me ask that as the words came out as a whisper.

Zach agreed and gave me a hug after that. I hoped we could do something fun tomorrow and my kind of fun wasn't even close to being called like that. I was putting my hopes into Zach's creative imagination.

Harry's POV

"Here's your ticket, sir. Enjoy your flight", said the lady dressed in the navy blue colour. I gave her a quick smile before passing her.

Three months passed in no time. With my busy schedule, that was the way it went. I had spent my days signing CDs, DVDs, shirts, notebooks, phone cases and taking pictures with fans. I hadn't been working all the time. I had a week free and the lads and I decided to spend it together in Australia.

We had a lot of fun there, but it would be even better if Niall and I weren't the only ones without a girl's company. The rest of the lads sort of misunderstood the meaning of our getaway plan, so they brought their girlfriends with them. I didn't mind them being there, but it was supposed to be a guy's vacation, not a romantic one.

I talked to Nicole a few days after I got back from Australia and by the tone of her voice, she felt a lot better than the last time we spoke. I didn't know what was going on in her life, but if she wanted, she could've known every step I made. That was the price I had to pay for being in a popular boy band. The thing she didn't know was I had something for her.

"Harry, look! I've learned to play a guitar! It's so cool", she exclaimed smiling at the camera. I knew learning how to play a guitar was on her Bucket list, so I was happy she could cross off at least one thing from there.

"Great job, baby. Promise me you will have a special concert for me when I come to see you", I said while mentally checking my busy schedule.

"I promise, don't worry", she giggled putting a hand over her mouth. She was so cute when she did that. I would give up everything I have so I could just be with her.

"Sir?", a voice echoed through my head. I looked up to see a flying attendant with drinks in her hand. A bit of champagne won't do any harm, I thought to myself. In fact, I was celebrating something. I was celebrating a reunion.