29: The Breakup

Red Velvet's Red Flavor promotions were drawing to a close with this final fansign marking the end. Yeri was enjoying her time being face-to-face with Reveluvs and being able to have legitimate conversations with them, finding out their stories.

She was the last one on the table of members and there were only about 5 fans left to have their albums signed. Being at the end, Yeri was tapping her dainty fingers on the table, waiting a few moments for the fan, who was currently still talking with Seulgi beside her, to move in front of her.

Yeri glanced at the fan, still with Seulgi, and tilted her head slightly. It was a woman, probably nearing her 30's, and for some reason she looked vaguely familiar to Yeri... perhaps it was a fan she had met before...

The fan had finally moved along to Yeri, narrowing her eyes and giving Yeri a cold, chilling stare. Yeri greeted her warmly, anyway. 'Hello!'

'Kim Yerim... do you recognise me?' the woman spoke with a hushed voice, almost so no one but Yeri could hear her.

Yeri was startled and furrowed her eyebrows. 'I... think I do? Who are you?'

'That time you were in the storage room... with that boy,' the woman started to say, her voice no louder than a whisper.

Yeri's brows furrowed even further. 'What?' she said, clearly confused.

'That boy... you know who I'm talking about... Jeon. Jung. Kook.'

Yeri's eyes widened with shock hearing Jungkook's name. Her mind was racking through any time she met this woman... 'A storage room? How-?' Then it hit her. That time her and Jungkook found that room filled with all the random props and began to play together until... until a woman interrupted them and came in. That woman was... this 'fan' in front of her right now?!

Yeri had a horrified look painted across her face when she understood who this woman was. The woman smirked, knowing Yeri finally remembered her. 'Break up with that boy.'

Yeri's throat becomes tighter by the second as the hair on her arms begin to raise in anxiousness. 'Wh-what do you mean...' Yeri stutters, regrettably.

'Don't act like you don't know!' the woman's voice raised slightly, before she brought the volume back down to a whisper. 'I have footage of you both in that room. I can send it to whoever I want and make whatever story I want. I can end your career.' She threatened, ruthlessly.

Yeri didn't even know what to say. Her heart was racing a thousand miles a second right now. She just wanted this woman to leave and to never see her again.

'I'm going to make sure you never meet my Jungkook again, you understand? Remember these words.' She continued to threaten. 'Bye Yeri!!' the woman suddenly grinned and exclaimed with fake-joy, bowing her head deeply as if she was a fan.

Yeri barely had time to process what just happened, but within seconds another fan was in front of her with a smile. She forced herself to ignore the words she had just heard and welcomed the fan with a smile, yet inside her heart had just shattered.

The fan sign soon ended and the girls returned back to their dressing room, getting ready to go home. Yeri decided to wait until they were at their dorms, alone from the staff since she didn't even want to confide in her managers of what just happened.
-
They shortly arrived home and Red Velvet's main manager told the girls to wash up and rest. Yeri didn't want her manager to know, so she decided to wait until all the girls and their manager fell asleep, before waking up her members one by one and gathering them in to Irene's room, the further room away from the manager. The girls sat themselves in a circle on the floor and anticipated what Yeri was to tell them, ready to listen attentively.