10: First Date (2)

'You look really nice' Jungkook spoke softly, his head still casted down towards his lap.

Yeri's heart fluttered. 'Oh... thank you' she replied, shy. 'You look good too' she complimented back, politely.

The atmosphere grew a little awkward again.

'So, did you have any schedules today?' Yeri said, asking a blatantly obvious question; of course he had schedules today, but she just wanted him to talk. She made a decision at that point. 'I'm going to get him to open up to me. I don't like this shy Jungkook. I'll slowly make him show me his real side' She thought, feeling persevered. From this point on, Yeri chose to ignore any attraction and talk as if she was with her bestest of friends; she hated being awkward with people, whoever it was, so she wasn't going to be any different with the quiet boy opposite her.

Jungkook looked up. 'Schedules? Yeah, a few... I was lucky I had this evening free'

'And you chose to spend it with me...' Yeri said, a somewhat sad tone in her voice.

Jungkook shifted in his seat a little, uncomfortable. 'Um... I guess. I didn't have anything else to do so...'

'Oh, no it's not that!' Yeri quickly spoke, realising she put him in an uncomfortable position. 'It's just that I was supposed to eat with my members tonight. This was one of our only free evenings too' she told him.

'Oh? Really? I'm sorry!' He said, surprised.

'No, no! Don't be' she laughed, 'I'm the one who said yes'

'I should've picked another day' Jungkook sunk his head slightly, feeling bad.

'No, seriously! My members kept telling me there wouldn't be another chance like this' Yeri laughed again. 'Ah, those girls' she said, smiling.

Seeing Yeri smile made Jungkook's heart race. 'She looks so pretty when she smiles like that' he thought.

'Oh... what was their reaction to this?' He asked, genuinely curious.

Yeri laughed, once again. 'They were way too happy' she admitted, truthfully.

'Really?!' Jungkook said, a little loud. 'What did they say?' He queried, his body naturally leaning forward to Yeri to hear her answer.

Yeri smiled at the cute sight of him interested.

'Hmm? Ah, it's a little embarrassing' she said, covering her smile with her pale, skinny hands.

Jungkook's lips parted a little, 'Oh' he said, simply.

'Anyway!' Yeri exclaimed, 'where's my tuna kimchi fried rice, huh?' She teased, grinning.

'Ah, oh yeah! I forgot!' Jungkook smiled. 'Next time?' He offered.

'Next time?' Yeri said, thinking about how she kept pestering her members that this was only a one-time thing. But, after making her decision that she wanted Jungkook to open up to her, like a friend, she knew she'd have to break her prior promise.

'Deal' she said, thrusting her hand towards him.

Jungkook gladly accepted. Suddenly, he thought of the time. The time they first talked, and first shook hands, exactly like this. Both of their soft hands slowly slipped out of each other's grip.

'Ah, my members are gonna tease me' Yeri spilled.

'Hm, why?'

'They kept teasing me, and so I told them this was only going to be a first and last kind of thing... but I guess I've got to tell them I'll be seeing you again'