6: The Text

A couple days had passed since Jungkook and Yeri's little encounter at Inkigayo.

Yeri told her members about the special moment and, of course, they reacted exactly how she had expected - with screams and cheers and hundreds of questions she didn't have answers to.

However, she obviously hadn't heard from him since then and knew she probably wouldn't until the next music show, if they could even slip in any communication at that point.

But since then, Yeri really couldn't stop thinking about him. And to be frank, she didn't like it. She really didn't want to catch feelings for him, she was completely content with admiring him as a cool idol and occasionally greeting eachother throughout the year. Anything more would cause unnecessary problems and she didn't want to face that...

But at the same time, she kinda wanted to see him. Just as friends?

Red Velvet had a fansign, followed by a radio show that day. Today was probably one of the least busy days of the week, so the Red Velvet members decided to have a dinner that evening too, before resting a little in their dorm.

Red Velvet were on their way to the fansign. They were finally going to see their fans up close after so long, Yeri was happy.

--
The fansign finished, leaving the members with big smiles and high spirits after interacting with their beloved fans.

They hopped in to their company van and had a long journey to their next destination.

Yeri buckled herself in and whipped her phone out.

'Oh,' she muttered, 'who's this from?' She had received a text from some unknown number, reading:

'Okay, you won :) What food do you want?'

'Hmm?' She wondered, a little confused. 'I won?? What did I win?' She thought for a while before it hit her. The bet. Did this mean this person was... Jungkook?

She hesitated a little before sending the following response:

'Jungkook?'

She didn't have to wait long before she got a reply.

'No... who's Jungkook?'

Yeri's eyes widened whilst her heart beat so fast. 'Oh crap' she thought, 'Oh no, who is this? This isn't a sasaeng is it...' the thoughts circled her mind before another text popped up.

'Ok, you're not responding... you must be worried haha, yes it's Jungkook :) You fell for it right ~'

Yeri's jaw dropped slightly. 'Is this really him?' She wondered, her heart racing even faster.

'Hmm, is it really you? Ok, what did I ask for as my prize?'

She kept her texts somewhat formal, noticing the other person was being more friendly. A couple seconds later...

'Food, haha.'

Yeri still didn't fully believe it.

'Where did we make the bet?'

She asked, just to clarify it was really him.

'Outside the toilet, with those girls outside... It's really me, Jeon Jungkook!

Yeri read the message and, involuntarily, she had butterflies whizzing around in her stomach. 'Oh my god, it's really him! How tf did he get my number?' she pondered, before getting interrupted.