Book Club Discussion Questions

BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1.      Were you surprised by the ending? Do you think Layla and Trip should have ridden off into the sunset together?

2.      How do you think Layla's mother's abandonment affected her? Were you able to notice anything interesting about the way Layla referred to her? Do you agree with Layla's opinion that her mother was manic-depressive?

3.      We don't get to hear too much about Layla's dad. What's your take on him?

4.      How do you think Mr. Wilmington's drinking affects Trip when it comes to his own alcohol use?

5.      What did you think of Lisa and Pickford's decision to move to California together?

6.      How do you view Layla's friendship with Lisa? Was their relationship realistic?

7.      Every chapter in RW is the title of a movie from 1990 or 91 and there were a ton of other eighties/nineties references. Which ones stood out for you?

8.      It's hard to ignore the running Shakespeare theme throughout the story. What did you think of Trip and Layla's "balcony scene"? Can you guess what Shakespeare work Trip's "Mind Ramble" was based on?

9.      Popularity is also an issue that gets addressed repeatedly throughout RW. How did you feel about Layla's evolving thoughts on the matter? What group were you a part of in high school?

10.  Let's discuss Cooper, shall we?

11.  Who did you envison as Trip? Was it your high school crush or someone famous?

12.  Casting call! Who would you like to see in the movie version of Remember When?