Chapter 14

Originally Published in 2012

I'll make this quick. Song: Bring me to life by Evanescence /  Picture: Agnes from Despicable Me. She's so cute!!!! Vote and comment :)

Chapter 14           

"Margot, get out of here!" I immediately snapped once my shirt was back on. But of course she didn't move, she was starring at Taiven as if he was the most wonderful thing she'd ever seen in her life. 

"You look like a Prince." The little girl pointed out, completely ignoring me and only focusing on Taiven. 

He smiled at her. "That is because I am a prince, little one." He responded. "Now why don't you go upstairs and wait for me, and I'll tell you everything that you want to know." He sang his last phrase, probably to make sure that she'd do it. Even though I'm pretty sure Margot would have left anyway just because he was the one asking.

Once she was out of the room, there was a really terrible and completely awkward silence. I seriously never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I waited for him to speak first, because I knew very well that he would be the one to break the ice. Only he wasn't. He was waiting after me. 

"Taiven" I said looking down on my hands, no way was I going to look at him. "I—" I what? What in the world was I supposed to say! I was completely at a lost of words, and he wasn't helping because I knew quite well that he was starring at me right now. 

"Tara" He said grabbing my hand. Why! He. Is. Not. Helping. "Look at me." 

"No" I mumbled getting a weird sense of déjà vu. "Taiven leave me alone for like ten minutes, and then we'll talk." 

"Tara—" He tried to say, but I wasn't going to hear any of it.

"Taiven will you just go upstairs and leave me alone, damn it!" I yanked my hand away. "I hate you!" I shouted before getting up and going to lock myself up in the bathroom to cry. 

...

The tears had stopped a good half an hour or so, but I still remained in the bathroom. Taiven had tried coming in a couple times to talk about what ever has been going on between us, but I kicked him out every single time. Whatever this was, it was making me feel miserable. Why was I sad anyway? Maybe because Taiven is using me for his own fun when his fiancé isn't there. Maybe because I'll never be the mermaid I have the potential to be. Maybe because I don't have anyone to help me. Maybe because I should have never jumped off that bridge. Maybe, just maybe, I just might be losing my mind. Great. Just great. 

There was a knock on the door. "Go away Taiven!" I shouted feeling the tears coming back again. Why was he so persistent! 

"It's Dakaina." A familiar voice answered. "Can you let me in, please?" 

I sighed and made my way to the door, I unlocked it and she came in. She was frowning at the sight of me. Well, I probably looked like crap right now; I've been avoiding the mirror. 

"I sent Taiven outside; he's not in the house, so you can come upstairs now." She said to me gently.

"Can't you jut bring down two bottles of wine and a pack of cigarettes and leave me here to die?" I asked, being completely serious.

Dakaina sighed and sat down beside me. Then she did something really odd. She grabbed my head, and gently put it on her lap then begun stroking my hair. At first I was very stiff, because no one had showed me that type of motherly affection in a very long time. But after awhile it begun to relax me, it felt nice.