Chapter 12

Originally Published in 2012 

Woohoooo!!!! Two updates in one day, I am on fire!!!!! 

Picture: Luke Mitchell as Taiven (isn't he yummy with no shirt??)/ Song: Nickelback Savin' Me. (Awesome song, also from the first Spiderman movie. Fun fact about me, freaking love Spiderman.) I'm going to continue working on the next chapters now. Enjoy!!!

Vote and comment (follow if you want)

Chapter 12

            I seriously struggled to swim back down. I was able to get rid of the stripper boots before my tail replaced my legs, as for the dress? Well, it was easy enough to get it off; it's just the underwear that kinda got ripped into pieces, oh well. But lucky for me, I didn't have the money anymore. When I had arrived at Ridge's apartment I had suddenly got a change in heart and I put all the money in his mail slot. Hopefully that'll cover two or three months of rent.

            My heart squeezed at the thought of my brother. I wanted to make my visit quick, so that leaving him wouldn't be as painful, but it was way worse. The look on his face before I dove into the water will probably mark me forever; he cried, he was actually crying over me and I over him. He had finally accepted that I was dead, and then I show up. God, maybe I would have just been better off not going, it would have saved us both from feeling like crap. But I needed to stop thinking about that; right now I had a bigger problem. I needed to find a way to swim back down to the castle, which so far seemed almost impossible. The current of the water was way too strong for me; this is when being an actual mermaid would have come in handy. As much as I tried to swim down, the forming wave kept on pulling me back up. I was really in deep dodo.  

            Okay, I really needed to find something to grab onto, because otherwise I'm going up with the wave, and that means crashing with it as well. I tried grabbing seaweed, but it just ripped out of the sand as I went up. Damn, I thought on the verge of frustrated tears; mermaid hormones again acting up on me. I was getting higher and higher by the second, and for some reason my tail stayed and I wasn't turning human. Couldn't I at least have legs if I was going to end up crashing on shore! What if because of me, the whole mermaid secret blows up!? God that would be so awful. With that in mind, I once again tried my best to swim back down. The more I tried, the more my tail seemed to be in some sort of pain, can you break your tail? I asked myself, not really wanting to find the answer. I was really, really not cut out for this; but I had to keep trying. How big was this wave anyway? If it was anything like the hurricane from thirty years ago, well I can honestly say that the town will have disappeared by the time it will be over.

            Just when I decided to give up, because I was so tired, and every part of my mermaid body was aching, something grabbed holed of my two hands. Taiven. I can honestly say, that I have never felt so happy to see this merman in my life.

            "You really chose a bad day to defy my orders." He pointed out trying to swim me back down, but even I noticed that he had problems, even if I was doing my best to help him.

            "Yeah, sorry about that" I replied trying to hold on to him tighter because I was slipping away, even with our efforts. I needed to make us think of something else to make our current situation seem less drastic. "So how was your day?"

            He rolled his eyes, still doing his best to swim me back down, but the wave just kept on getting higher and higher. Rocks that had been floating around had suddenly started bagging around us. A big one suddenly got Taiven straight in the head hard; knocking him out cold. Without his help anymore, I immediately went floating up, up, up with the wave. And I also went down, down, down with it as well.