4: Again

(CONTINUED, 5 PM, MAKALAH'S POV)

I went into my room and slammed my door. I don't feel like talking to anyone or even eating dinner tonight. After I turned my light off, I fell on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up when there was a soft knock at the door, it opened and closed quickly. "Makalah..." It was Alex. He always knows how to make me feel better. I turned over and sat up, checking the time on my phone. 10 PM.

"Hey. Come here." I opened my arms up. He was in pajamas; I guess he snuck out of bed. He got in next to me and pulled the covers up close to him. He held my hand. "Is mommy mad at you?" He whispers. "I don't know..probably not. Dad hates me."

"He can't hate you. He's dad." His careless voice makes me smile. "I guess... Why are you up? We have school tomorrow."

"I hate to hear you cry. You're my sissy and I don't want you to be sad." His voice got quieter and quieter. I turned over so my back was facing him, and moved my pillow down. "Good night." He says. "Night. Go to sleep before you get me in trouble again.."

(MORNING, NICKI'S POV)

"Kids! Get up! School!" I yell, opening all their doors and turning on their lights. Alex was in Makalah's room with her, and August was in the twins' room with them. I like how all of them are so close.

I went downstairs and Safaree was making breakfast. I'm still kind of mad at him because of yesterday. What Makalah said really made me think. Safaree and I try not to fight in front of the kids but sometimes we just can't help it.

The kids usually act like they aren't listening, except Makalah. She yells at us to stop, which makes it worse.

"Good morning." Safaree says. "Morning..."

Alex came downstairs and sat at the bar table. He didn't say good morning, just looked down at the table. Then the twins came down and did the same. "You guys...okay?" Safaree asks. They looked up and nodded. Makalah came downstairs dressed, and her hair was done. "Good morning Makalah." I say. "Morning..." she mumbled, barley audible. I kinda feel bad for her. All of us know Safaree is a control freak when it comes to his kids. We have a way of doing everything and if we don't stick to it, he goes crazy.

He wants everything to be perfect, and he expects the most from Makalah. Don't get me wrong, I love Safaree to death, and we would never get divorced, but sometimes he just needs to relax and chill out. Safaree put 2 pancakes on each of the kids' plates. "We're missing someone....Oh!" I went upstairs and went into August's room. He was still on Ava's bed, jumping up and down. "Aww sorry baby!" I picked him up and carried him downstairs.

"Makalah i don't want to hear it. I'm your father and you will respect me." Safaree yelled at Makalah. Here we go again. He just HAD to bring it up again.

"I don't care! Leave me alone!" She started crying and all the kids started paying attention. Safaree grabbed Makalah's arm and pulled her into the other room. I flinched at Makalah's screams and cries. "Ow! Stop...please!" She yelled.

"Mom?" I heard Alex. "Yea?"

"Why is Makalah always sad? Why doesn't she like dad?"

"I don't know....just go get ready for school. All of you."

They all got up and ran upstairs. Makalah ran out of the laundry room and hugged me tight, crying. Safaree came after her. "Safaree don't touch her."

"Nic stay out of this. Makalah get over here."

"Safaree leave her alone. Go!"

He ran out the house and slammed the door. "It's okay.." I whisper to her. "Why does he always pick on me, mom?" She wipes her tears and looks up to me. I didn't have an answer for her this time. "Go get ready for school, okay? Love you."

"Love you too..." She walked slowly upstairs.

I ran outside, where Safaree was just sitting on the porch steps. He stood up. "Safaree what the hell?"

"What?" He asks. "She's a teenager, you gotta give her some space. I know what's it's like to be treated like that."

"Treated like what? It's not like I'm abusing her."

"Then what we're those screams coming from the laundry room just a second ago?"

"Whatever."

"No. It's not whatever! She's your daughter, she shouldn't be scared of you.....We talked about this before!"

I looked up to Makalah, standing behind us. I didn't know she was listening. Safaree got up and left us alone. When I got inside, all the kids were ready to go. "Mommy...Is Makalah gonna be okay?" Ava asks. "She's fine. Come on, before you miss the bus." I say. They started walking toward the front door but I stopped them. "Why don't you go through the back door today?"

"Okay. Isn't Makalah coming?"

"She's gonna take a day off today."

"No fair!" Avery frowned. "Sorry, she's already having a bad day. See you after school."

After they left and the bus drove off, I went back outside with Kalah.

"Well. I have to got to work. Bye." Safaree leaned in for a kiss but I pushed him away. He shook his head and left. "Mom....I'm sorry..."

"No apologies, Makalah. It's not your fault. Are you okay?" I ask. "No..."

(8:45 PM, MAKALAH'S POV)

Everyone just finished eating dinner, and now all my siblings and I are playing in my room. I heard a knock at the door and dad walked in. "Hey guys, can I talk to Makalah for a sec...alone?" he says. Everyone got up and left. I sat on my bed and so did he. "I'm so sorry. I feel horrible for what I did this morning." he says. I can tell he's serious by the look in his eyes. "You used to be my little girl, and now we're sorta drifting apart. I don't want that to happen."

I started to tear up. We've never actually talked liked this. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. "I love you Kalah, I hope you know that."

"I love you too dad." I hugged tighter. "You guys are leaving tomorrow so you better get some sleep.." he stood up. "Okay. Goodnight dad."

"Goodnight." He kissed my head and left. After he left, my brother and sisters came back in with blankets and pillows. "Wanna have a sleep over?" Alex asks. I almost said no, but what the heck? "Sure." They all ran in and I helped them set up a fort of blankets and pillows, attached to my bed and dresser. We put blankets and pillows under in and all got in. Mom came in and laughed.

"Okay, girls are you finished packing?" She asks. We nodded. "Okay goodnight Makalah. Goodnight Ava. Goodnight Avery. Goodnight Alex." She kissed all of our cheeks and hugged us. "Goodnight!" We answered together. "Mama!!" August reached for her and she picked him up. "Okay Augy. Come on." She walked out with him on her hip, turning the light off and shutting the door. I turned the TV on and got under the covers.

(9 AM, NICKI'S POV)

We walked up the plane steps and found our seats. it'll only take us about an hour to get to Vegas from LA on the plane, so when we get there we'll have time to find the hotel and all the girls can practice together.

(BACK AT HOME, SAFAREE'S POV)

"See?" I say to August. I'm holding him so he could see the wind chimes hanging from the roof over the porch. He pointed to them and smiled. I chuckled, putting him down. We went inside where Alex was watching TV. "I miss mom." He said. "Sorry, dude." I laughed.

_____________________________________________________

I'm so sorry of this is short but y'all.....my computer broke again so I'm back to typing all my stories on my kindle. But yea...comment and vote. I got more drama comin up for y'all.