Chapter 18: Bad Ginger

Louis pulled away after another moment or so of hugging, a sudden thought popping into his head. He got himself out of the alpha's grasp, a frown appearing on Harry's face as he did so. Louis didn't notice the frown, but grabbed Harry's hand.

Harry hissed in pain, and Louis knew what that meant. He slowly pulled Harry's arm up and took his hand in both of his own, seeing how bruised it was already getting.

"You need ice Haz," Louis said softly, looking back up into his boyfriend's emerald eyes.

Harry almost melted at the look Louis was giving him. "I'm fine," Harry huffed, going to pull his hand away. Louis just gripped it a bit tighter, knowing it would hurt, but knowing that Harry needed the ice.

"Fuck Lou," Harry growled, keeping his teeth clenched from the pain.

"Ice Harold," Louis spoke, voice firm.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "I hate that name."

"Well if it gets you to listen and actually take care of your hand, then maybe I should call you that more often," Louis hummed. He kept a gentle hold of Harry's hand, walking towards the door with Harry in tow. "Now let's go and get some ice from the kitchen."

Harry stopped in his tracks, making Louis stop too since he didn't want to hurt Harry's hand anymore. "I can wait," Harry growled.

Louis knew exactly what he was talking about too. "Haz, if Ed and Zayn is in there it doesn't matter, remember? What matters is how we feel, not what everybody else thinks."

Harry still didn't say anything, just clenching his jaw and refusing to meet his boyfriend's gaze. Louis just rolled his eyes and tugged gently at Harry's wrist.

"Come on babe," he mumbled. Harry followed reluctantly, keeping quiet as Louis opened the door and led them from the room.

They walked into the kitchen a few minutes later where they saw Ed and Zayn chatting at the counter. Zayn must've done the dishes or something because the sink was empty and everything was wiped down.

Louis ignored them and just tugged Harry over to the freezer where he stopped and opened it up. He found an ice pack in there which he was happy about seeing as it was much more convenient than getting individual ice cubes and putting them in a paper towel or something.

Shutting the freezer door and turning back around to face the alpha who was just staring at the ground, Louis carefully lifted the other lad's hand up and placed the ice pack over the bruising area.

Harry hissed at the temperature difference and flinched back but Louis held his arm in place.

"What the hell did he do?" Zayn asked Louis, him and Ed having watched the couple from the moment they entered the kitchen.

Harry just glared at his friend while Louis answered without looking up.

"Punched a wall," the omega responded quickly.

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Again, Harry?"

"Shut up," Harry growled.

"Haz," Louis warned.

The twenty year old let out a harsh breath and turned away from his two coworkers and back at Louis who was now looking up at him. Harry offered a forced smile in order to get him to stop worrying.

Louis turned back to the injured hand. "Do you  have an ace bandage or something?" he questioned. "I should probably wrap your hand up."

Harry exhaled long and deep before nodding.

"Yeah, in the bathroom," he responded. Louis nodded and grabbed a paper towel to wrap the ice pack in before trying to shepherd Harry out of the room