Chapter 45: Nothing

Zayn sighed and stood up straight, glancing around the room and taking note of all the things Harry had left lying around. It was obvious that things were only getting worse and Harry was I desperate need of help before he completely lost it.

But right now there was nothing he could do. He just had to get to sleep, and maybe try and think of ideas to help his friend in the morning.

He made his way down the hallway and past Harry's door, hearing soft music playing from the other side. He wondered what the alpha was doing in there, but he figured that it was best to leave him alone for the rest of the night.

What Harry was actually doing was listening to his 'Louis' playlist. He knew he had already made a complete fool of himself throughout the night, but now his mind was once again filled with LouisLouisLouis and nothing was making it better. So he turned on his playlist; he refused to believe it was because it was Louis's playlist, but more of the fact that this playlist had some of his favorite songs on it.

He laid sprawled out on his bed, phone resting on his stomach. He had it faced down so he couldn't see any of the songs that came on (or his background which was still Louis even after these past couple of months). He stared up at the ceiling, willing his drunk mind to think of anything but those bright blue eyes and that amazing smile.

But with his luck, that wasn't the case. It got quiet in the room for a moment as the previous song ended, but the beginning of “Endlessly” immediately came on.

"Fuck," he grumbled, feeling the ache in his chest grow as he listened to the beginning of the song. His phone just had to play his and Louis's song.

*

"Ya know," Louis said, causing Harry to look up. Green eyes met blue. "That's our song."

Harry drew his eyebrows together. "Huh?"

"That song," Louis started. "Endlessly. That's our song.

Harry realized what he was saying, giving a snort and an eye roll. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Louis hummed.

"We're seriously going to be one of those couples?" he drawled.

"Mhmm," Louis hummed, smile breaking out on his lips. "And you're going to deal with it because that's our song."

"Lou-"

"No protesting," his boy argued. "It describes us, and we both like it. So it's our song. End of story."

The alpha just rolled his eyes. "Slap a card down Mr. Sappy."

Louis just beamed causing Harry's insides to melt. "Love you Haz."

"I love you too, Lou," Harry replied immediately.

*

"Fuck," Harry breathed out again, rubbing his hands over his face as he tried to rid himself of the memory. He knew he should turn the song off, it was only hurting him even more, but he couldn't. It just got his drunk mind swirling with even more memories and flashbacks, breaking his heart more if that was even possible.

He just didn't get it. That conversation happened the night before Louis left. How did things go from that where Louis was naming something their song and telling him that he loved him, to him just flat out breaking things off the next day, leaving Harry with his heart shattered and no one to pick up the pieces. It made no sense.

"M'not perfect," Harry mumbled out, half singing, half slurring the words along to the music. "But I swear m'perfect for you."

His breathing was getting heavier as the song progressed into the first chorus, pain filling his chest without fail. He couldn't think straight and his eyes were starting to go cloudy and sting with tears.