Chapter 6: Moving Forward

"So are you better now love?" Harry asked softly, eyed trained on the omega who had just sat down beside him. Louis just gave a soft nod, taking his eyes off of Jesy in order to look back up at Harry, blue eyes meeting green.

"Better," Louis hummed. Harry felt like Louis wasn't completely okay though, so he found his hand and intertwined their fingers under the table where no one could see. Louis felt himself grin and blush, feeling like a teenage girl with the situation he was in at the moment.

But part of him couldn't help but love it.

"Good," Harry hummed before turning back and looking at Zayn, who was just give Harry a curious glance. Harry seemed to shrug it off though, not even paying attention all that much.

After that he dove back into whatever conversation he had been having with Zayn. Louis wasn't really paying attention too much, more focused on the fact that Harry was playing with his fingers under the table as he talked like it was the most casual thing in the world and Louis felt like he was going to explode from how cute this was.

"Love?" Harry's voice flowed through Louis’s ears, snapping him out of his thoughts. The omega's eyes shot up towards Harry who nodded up at something over Louis’s shoulder. The older lad quickly spun around to see Jesy's eyes sending daggers into his own as she stood there with the little pad in her hand she used when she was waitressing.

“Do you want anything Lou?" he heard Harry asked. "I'll pay for it."

"N-No. I'm fine Jess," he directed his attention towards the beta. "Don’t want anything."

"Kay," she huffed before quickly walking away, obviously not wanting to be near the table. Louis slumped back into his chair in defeat, knowing he had definitely gotten Jesy mad at him.

Harry squeezed his hand. "Okay? You okay love?"

Louis ducked down a bit, biting his lip at the question. The way that Harry's voice was laced with concern and firmness at the same time when he asked. It was just the way he said it. He liked it. It made him feel cared for.

"Yeah Haz," Louis responded. "I'm good."

Zayn, on the other hand, sat in silence across the table, watching his best mate interact with the omega. From the minute he had met Harry, he knew that he was popular with girls and boys all the same. He was a looker, always having someone pining after him and betas throwing themselves at him for a quick one night stand, just for some fun. Therefore, Zayn had seen the younger boy with a lot of dates and girlfriends or boyfriends.

But none ever lasted that long. They could hardly be considered girlfriends or boyfriends. Half the time it was a three day long ‘thing’ that was going on. And Harry never looked at any of those prospects like he was looking at Louis right now.

Zayn was really starting to think something crazy like maybe Harry had imprinted on this boy or something because it has been two fucking days man and Harry seemed way more involved in this than ever before.

"So it's still relatively early Haz. I don’t have to be at the shop until tomorrow because Ed is working today. What would you like to do?" Zayn cut in, breaking up their little stare down.

Harry turned to Zayn, giving him an almost warning glare, planning in advance and making sure that Zayn wouldn't mention anything immoral or illegal as an option for the day. Because they have done things like that to pass their time before. Zayn just raised his eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know Zi." Harry hummed. "If Louis wants, he could come back to ours and we could figure something out there?" he said turning to look back down at the omega.