Bundle Full Of News

A/N: sorry it's taken a while guys! I know it's no excuse but school's the most important year this year! And my Godmother from Chicago - whom I haven't seen in 5 years - is over, so I've been spending as much time as possible with her!

Anyway, you know the drill! I'd really love it if you voted or commented or - better yet - both. It honestly makes my day!

Thanks my lovelies! Enjoy!

PICTURE OF MATT ON THE SIDE!

***

I sat there for ten minutes, cradling a petrified and broken Jen in my arms. Not one second after her confession and she was crying in my arms, working herself up even further about what Matt would say. But after our little talk last night, I was more than 100% certain he would be over-the-moon.                    

        “Shhh,” I murmured as I rocked Jen back and forth gently, not really wanting her to throw up all over me due to motion sickness, no matter how much I loved her. “It’s gonna work out, I promise. It’ll all be ok.”

Jen shook her head vehemently against my shoulder, “It won’t,” she whispered; voice raspy, “Things like this never work out. What if he leaves me? I can’t live without him, I just can’t.”

I pulled out of our embrace and looked Jen dead in the eye. “He won’t. We spoke last night about you and this boy wants to spend the rest of his life with you, and have children. So just trust me when I say that he won’t ever leave you. So, what we’re gonna do is: clean you up, find out for sure whether you’re gonna be a mum, and then you’re gonna tell Matt what’s happened and the outcome, ok?”

Jen looked unsure for a moment until the determined look I loved settled back onto her face as she nodded, “Ok, I can do this. I’m gonna get myself sorted but can I ask just one favour? I mean, you’ve done so much for me already and I really appreciate it but...” Jen looked down sheepishly and fiddles with a strand of her sweat-and-sleep matted hair.                    

        “You want me to go out and get the tests?” I asked knowingly. She looked up at me through her hair and nodded.                    

        “It’s just, if I go, the paparazzi will be all over me and Matt will find out and your plan will come crashing down. You haven’t slept with anyone so no one can claim it’s there’s. God, I feel so bad asking this, I–”                    

        “Jen, stop.” I said, planting a hand firmly over her mouth. “I don’t mind; you’re my best friend, of course I’ll do it.” Jen gave me a shaky smile and pulled me in for a hug. I suppose to anyone else, this would look rather humorous – two best friends sharing a sisterly moment beside a toilet filled with vomit. It made me think of the first time we met in a club’s toilets. God, that seemed like an age ago, whereas it had only been about three weeks.                    

        “Right,” I started as I got up onto my feet, pulling a perkier – but still glum – looking Jen up from the bathroom floor. “I’m gonna go to the pharmacy and get your tests. Meanwhile, you’re going to tidy up this bathroom because it stinks so much that the acid is literally burning my eyes. I can practically taste your sick, which is disgusting.” Jen gave me a lopsided gin and a wink when I said this, making me feel slightly happier; not only had I made her cheer up a bit but she was slowly returning back to normal Jen. Although that was far from normal, but I knew what I meant!                    

        “And then you’re gonna phone Matt and tell him you have news for him when he gets home, no matter what that may be. But, trust me, he loves you and he’s not gonna abandon you or your baby. If there is a mini Matt or Jen in there, that is. Got it?” Jen pulled in a shaky breath and gave me a quick jerk of the head, seemingly pulling herself together completely with that sharp movement.