1D's Sexy Assistant

A/N: hey everyone! I'm sorry this has taken so long and thank you for all of you that understand and don't mind. This chapter's a bit of a filler and I don't like it that much but I really wanted to upload for you guys so hopefully you won't be too disappointed!

Anyway, fan, vote and comment if you can! I'll update asap but I do have my actual exams for the next few weeks so please bear with me!

Enjoy!

***

A week had passed since I’d received the creepy message from an unknown number. Thankfully, I hadn’t been the victim of anymore and I hoped to God that it stayed that way. At first, I was convinced that everything was going to fall apart around me but, after more consideration and no more interruptions, I ruled it out as a scary coincidence; it was probably just someone who sent a scary message to a random number just to creep them out. I mean, everyone had secrets, right? And many remained secrets because the person felt they were too big to share. So I was safe.

The boys and I had just returned home from a performance in the local park; it wasn’t a gig, exactly, but it may as well have been considering the amount of screaming girls that turned up. Although I was exhausted, it was a great afternoon. The boys dedicated ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ to a seven-year-old fan that had cancer. She got a hug from all the boys and the look of pure happiness on her face made me cry. I couldn’t help it; everything I worried about seemed miniscule compared to the daily troubles this little girl faced, and she was less than half my age!

It made me think that maybe – just maybe – it wouldn’t be the end of the world if the secret of me being best friends with ‘the one and only’ Harry Styles got out. I mean, there were worse things that could happen. Brushing that thought to the side and focusing on the boys’ performance, a sense of pride washed over me. These were my friends, and they were inspiring other young people to follow their dreams.

Throwing my towel and iPod onto the sun bed, I bombed into the pool to join Liam, Harry and Niall. Zayn, bless him, was topping up on his tan, resting on the sun bed next to the one that held my belongings. Louis was getting us all drinks from the kitchen but I had a feeling I’d have to help as he is one of the clumsiest people I know and I didn’t want to be spending this gorgeous, sunny afternoon cleaning coke and lemonade off the kitchen counters and floor.

Just as that thought passed my mind, a distant shout sounded from the patio doors as Louis craned his neck around the glass doors. “Can someone help me?”

Before I could reply, Harry jumped out and it took just about everything in me to tear my gaze away from his sculpted torso. Deciding that I needed to focus on something else to take my mind away from the fact that he was half naked, dripping with water and ruffling his thick, curly locks...oh God, so not helping.

I shrieked when cold water splashed my face and looked to my side to find Niall snickering. He shot me and innocent look and shrugged his shoulders. “What? You were staring.”

I could feel the blush overtaking my features prayed that the cool water would dampen it before any of them properly noticed.

                    “Yeah...you really were. Like, googly eyes.” Liam added, much to my despair and embarrassment, with a smirk.

                    “Alright. That’s enough. I wasn’t staring; I just...had something in my eye.” I replied weakly, although it sounded more like a question.

Before either on them could say anymore, Harry and Louis walked out with the drinks, although I’m pretty sure they almost ended up on the floor with the amount of pushing and shoving that was going on.