American Tacos

A/N: sorry it's short! They'll be more soon:) Enjoy and please vote, fan, comment and spread the word!

Picture of the house on the side!

***

“We’re in America!” We all screamed unanimously on the quaint little balcony that lead out from my room in the large house the boys had rented. They’d be touring around the area and the furthest arena was two hours away, so we decided renting a house in the centre of LA was a better idea. We were up in the hills a little, near quite a few houses owned by celebrities. From my balcony, the Hollywood sign could be seen; it was ten times better than the pictures and I really couldn’t wait to start living an American lifestyle, even if it was only for a couple or months...and slightly different considering I’d be hiding my identity in public and living with pop stars who were my best friends and also the most popular boy band around at the moment. But, I knew what I meant.

“Woooo!” I screamed with my hands cupped around my mouth to increase the sound. I started giggling as it echoed against the hills and collapsed onto the loveseat situated beside the balcony doors.

Harry grinned over at me and chuckled, shaking his head slightly. “You’ve always wanted to do that, haven’t you?”

I beamed at him; I could practically feel my eyes twinkling and my whole face lighting up when I gave him an enthusiastic nod. The boys all rolled their eyes playfully at me and Niall complained that he was starving so we all ran down to the large kitchen. I took in the white tiled floors and marble worktops. What a kitchen, I thought.

“So, what do we want for dinner?” Zayn questioned, looking at us expectantly as we all hopped up onto the stools situated around the large kitchen island. Liam groaned and rubbed his head when it accidently hit the assortment of saucepans hanging from a rack above the work surface. I snickered and he poked out his tongue childishly. That started a little argument of who could make the most childish gestures and Zayn huffed at us all as Louis turned around, whipped off his shorts and moonied us.

“Guys, hello? What do we wanna eat?” Zayn asked as we all settled down again, attempting to be more focused and serious this time.

“I wanna have something typically American!” I piped up and we all got thinking.

“Personally, I don’t care what we have, as long as we eat. Soon.” Niall commented as he rubbed his stomach enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes along with the boys, “Yeah, we know we don’t have to worry about you Niall. You’d eat a dead rat if it was the only thing left.”

“Your point is?” Niall asked as he slid out of the space between the table and stool and made his way over to the fridge.

“Niall, there’s nothing in there.” Liam quipped as he looked through a menu that had been given to us by the cab driver on the way here. Apparently, he’d compiled a list of the best foods and where to get them. After Liam had taken one and thanked him, the cab driver’s face turned from friendly to serious as he asked him for $5. When Liam tried to give it back, he refused, so Liam gritted his teeth and paid the $5, albeit grudgingly.

“Look like that thing came in handy.” Liam looked up as I nodded towards the leaflet in his hands. He chuckled, “Yeah, I guess it did, huh?”

“Can we get a pizza take away?” Louis asked and Harry groaned.

“Lou, all we ever eat is pizza, curry or Chinese; I wanna eat something different!” Harry complained as he dropped his head in his hands and turned to look at Louis.

“And whose fault is that?” Louis asked, pointedly looking at me. I opened my mouth and held my hands up in surrender. “Hey! Don’t blame me! Have I been living with you for the past eight months? No, I didn’t think so.” I answered, not giving Louis time to butt in and make a comment. It’s not like he’d have anything to argue back anyway. Louis looked at the floor and I sent him a satisfied, cocky grin.

“How about...McDonalds?” Niall suggested, looking longingly into the empty fridge.

“Eurgh, no...We always eat Mackie D’s on the road. How about tacos?” I replied and the boys heads all shot to me. Louis nodded and the other boys smiled. “Sounds like a good idea. Taco’s it is. Liam, can you look for a taco’s restaurant that does take away’s on that leafy thingy?”

“Sure thing.” Liam replied, his eyes skimming the piece of paper. “Here.” He confirmed as he pointed towards a name, number and address for a nearby taco place. Louis jumped down and grabbed the phone from the holder and dialled in the number, doing a funny impression of the waiter’s corny American accent, causing us all to laugh.

After having a quick shower and unpacking all of my suitcase, which didn’t take too long as it was all sorted into sections of ‘Leila the secretary’ and ‘Lily’, the dinner delivery man showed up and handed over our food, which came to a total of $70.

Louis and Harry grabbed plates, whilst I took care of the cutlery. Zayn brought in all the drinks and Liam collected up all the sauces. We all strolled into the kitchen, only to find a very hungry Niall already tucking into his dinner. Liam threw the tomato ketchup bottle at him and he smiled, “Thanks mate, that’s just what I needed.”

Liam huffed as his attempt to hurt Niall failed and we all relaxed onto the beanbags and sofas, switching on the TV and watching re-runs of Cold Case, something that all of us absolutely loved.

At around nine o’clock the sky started getting darker and we all washed the dishes together and made our way into our bedrooms. The landing upstairs was large; to the right of the stairs was mine, Harry’s and Liam’s bedroom and across from ours was Louis’, Niall’s and Zayn’s. I was happy I had my own room and, don’t get me wrong, it was absolutely beautiful and everything I could ask for with a sofa, TV, king-size bed, balcony and walk-in wardrobe but I couldn’t help but think I’d miss sharing a room with Harry. However, there was a door connecting our rooms so we could always stay in each other’s room if we wanted to. I guess that was something.

After kissing the boys’ good night and settling into my warm, cosy bed, I closed my eyes and let sleep envelope me, finally resting off a long week and a stressful journey.