Chapter 15: Trouble in Central Park

Central Park
Earth-12041
June 3 14:00 EDT

The Atlantian reaches behind himself and draws out his water-bearers. His turns and faces the pond behind him and Superboy, and hollers as he uses all of his strength and mystical ability to create a large serpent out of water. The serpent towers over the small group, as Aqualad turns to faces his opponents. A terrifying look of determination and anger covers his face.

"Sweet Christmas!" Luke exclaims at the sight of the large water serpent, which is over three stories tall!

Superboy takes a step forward.

"Last chance," he growls.

Both Fist and Luke take a step back in fear.

Aqualad is about to drown--more like crush--them with the serpent, when a new figure lands in the middle of the group.

When the dust clears, the figure stands revealing that they are clad in an armored suit, a face-plate hiding their face.

"In the name of the Supernatural Weapons and Ordinance Retrieval Division of the Department of Homeland Security, I order you all to stand down, immediately," the figure commands in a strong, female voice. "Or you will be arrested under the penalty of Federal Law."

Kaldur slowly retreats the serpent as his face changes from that of determination to that of shock; for, he knows the voice of this armor clad stranger.

"Karen....?" he asks weakly and confused.

The armored individual glares at Kaldur. Her face plate turns into a visor, as she tries to determine if she'd ever seen him before. But, her mind blanks on that query.

"I thought we made our point to your King Namor clear, Atlantaian," Kar growls. "Any act of aggression on U.S. or Allied soil will result in a declaration of total war against Atlantis. The depths of the seas won't protect you, this time."

Kaldur holsters his weapons and asks, "Forgive me, but, who is this Namor whom you speak of?"

"For Orin is King on my world," he adds, confidently.

The armored agent glares at Kaldur and the teen next to him glares back.

"What do you mean by your world, Atlantian?" she growls, pressing one of her escrisma sticks against his chest.

"These two are from another dimension," Powerman informs. "Fist and I are have orders to bring them in."

"Director Fury wants to question them," Iron Fist adds.

"Interdimentional incidents are under S.W.O.R.D.'s jurisdiction," Karma glares at the other two. "They'll be coming with me."

She presses a few buttons on her wrist and the helicopter she arrived in lands behind her. She shoves Kal and Connor toward it.

"Hey! We saw them first!" Powerman groans. Stepping in front of Karma, and grabbing her shoulder.

She smirks underneath her visor, and Kal and Connor put a little space between them and Karma. For, Kal knows that if she's anything like the Kar he... admires, then Powerman just made the biggest mistake of his life.

"Move," she growls. "Or you will be moved."

Powerman smirks, "I'd like to see you try."

Much to his shock, Karma shoves Powerman back. Then, she kicks him in the gut and chest, bringing her knee up to undercut his jaw. She quickly follows it up by flipping him into the air. She jumps up and slams him face first into the ground; her knee in his back. Powerman groans in pain, and doesn't even try to stand back up.

Karma steps off of him and points at Iron Fist.

"You!" she shouts commandingly. "Take your lousy excuse for a partner and leave. If I see either of you again, you'll be detained for interfering with a federal investigation. Do I make my position clear!?!"

Iron Fist nods frantically, "Yes, Agent Karma! N-No more interference."

Fist rushes past her and help Powerman to his feet-whom groans about possibly bruised ribs.

Karma smirks and turns back to face Kaldur and Connor. The two are smirking and appear to be holding back laughter. She glares at them for it.

"Get moving, Ladies! Show's over!" Kar snaps at them. She quirks her brow and smirks, "Unless you want another demonstration?"

She twirls her escrisma stick and it sparks with electricity.

"We know better than that, Karen," Connor comments as he and Kal take a seat on the chopper.

Karma sits across from them, glaring, and pointedly asks, "Now, Fishboy. How is it that you both you and Brick-Face know my name?"

Kaldur sits back and sighs. Defeatedly, he says, "There is a version of you on my world."

The helicopter lifts off and Karma presses for more intel. Her hands folded together under her chin, she says, "Go on."

"There is not much to tell, for she is nearly identical," Kal continues. "Same armor. Same organization. Same motivations. Same..."

"The same good looks and spunk?" Conner teases, jabbing Kaldur in the side.

Kal blushes and Kar quirks her brow.

"Your... alternate and I have a... fondness, for each other," Kaldur blushes.

Kar just rolls her eyes behind her visor.

This is gonna be a long day, she groans mentally.

___________________________________________________________________
___________

A/N:
Hey guys!
Hope you enjoyed the new part. I'll try to get another one out next week!

Salud!

--karmawarhawk16