Ch. 14: Interdimentional Cabal

A/N: To all my readers, I apologize sincerely for the wait. My classes really started to pile on the work, so I decided to wait until the end of the semester. And then, I just got real busy with scheduling and trying to clean up the house, mowing the lawn, and trying to unwind after a stressful semester. Hope that you enjoy this. If you do, please leave a vote, a comment, and follow me. If not, then please give me your criticism; it's highly appreciated.

_________________________________________________________
________

Earth-12041
200 ft below the East River
June 3 13:40 EDT
_______________________________________

Arnim Zola smirks as he watches his minions scramble around. They connect wires to screens and some kind of computers. The screens hum to life as the equipment is turned on.

The men follow the blue prints Zola recieved from his contact within S.W.O.R.D. Everything is right on the money.

"We're ready, Mien Führ," one of the minions informs.

Zola smirks and approaches the main screen.

__________________
___________

Earth-16
Undisclosed Location
June 3 12:40 EDT

Vandal Savage pours over volumes of forgotten lore in his personal library. He is interrupted by his daughter, Olympia.

"Someone is hailing you, My Liege," she informs. "They are using an ecrypted frequency or something, because we can't get a trace on it."

Vandal rubs his chin as he considers this.

"Have you contacted the others?" he asked.

"That's the strangest thing," Olympia adds. "They've already opened a channel for all of them."

He looks at her with slight amusement and curiousity as her walks past her to the communications room. He stands before several screens that show the familiar faces of his current cabal of enlightened minds, political leaders, and inflential businessmen.

The last screen activates and every face approaches theirs to focus in on the... Newcomer:

The face of an elderly man appearing in the center of an android's body.

"What is the meaning of this... intrusion, Vandal?" Lex Luthor inquires, having been pulled from a meeting that would have helped him further cement his control over Metropolis.

"And who is this...man?" Ras al Ghul appeals. "If I may use that term lightly."

The android smirks.

"Forgive me for the intrusion," the android says cordially. "I am Arnim Zola. A well renowned intellectual and mastermind on /my/ Earth."

"Indeed," Luthor smirks. "It takes considerable research and resources in order to establish this communication."

Zola smirks, "It also helps to have a... slight disregard for private ownership. Something that, I believe, many of you can relate to. After all... this is the most powerful collection of villains and masterminds this world can offer."

A few of the face look impressed. Others are confounded. One, as usual, is an emotionless dome.

But, Vandal Savage glares and snarls at the android's insinuations.

"That is right, I know exactly what all of you have been up to," Zola says, stopping Vandal's inquiry before it can start. "Also, your world is not as unique as you think it is. For, the struggle between the so-called heroes and the seemingly villainous is one that my probes have confirmed to be present on all worlds of the multiverse. A problem that, together, we can solve."

"And what makes you think that we would assist in this endeavor, homme robotique?" The Brain inquires.

Once again, the android smirks, "Why, monsieur doktor, do not fret. For I am in prime position to eliminate your greatest enemies. Permenantly."

Luthur smirks, and smuggly inquires, "When can we expect your... resources to arrive?"

Zola smirks. "I wasn't referring to the Justice League."

Every face focuses on Zola. Even Savage is slightly bewildered.

"I was referring to their protégés," the android smirks proudly.

His face disappears from his screen and is replaced by images of the Team fighting the Synthezoids and destroying the warehouse.

"They certainly have a knack for destroying decade long plans," Zola snarls, as the video ends.

Savage nods, and relays, "I look forward to hearing of your success, Commander Zola."

Zola grins and ends the call. His screen goes black, and the others refocus their attention on Savage.

"Now, Vandal, I usually don't question your judgment, b--"

"I usually don't second guess myself, either, Mr. Luthor," Savage interjects. "But, the children will be the perfect distraction while we prepare a contingency. For, every person that breaks through a barrier, they usually have resources to secure a foothold on the otherside."

"Very true," Ras agrees. "I shall rally as much of my forces as possible to counter-act any possible incursion."

"I suggest that we all do as such," Vandal surmises. "For now, we will consolidate our resources and lie in wait for Zola's next move."

His cohorts agree and sign off.

______________________________
___________________

Earth-16
Infinity Island
June 3 13:16 EDT
__________________

Ras al Ghul turns away from the blank screen to face Ubu, his ever faithful servant.

"Inform our contacts in the world's militaries," he orders. "Russia, Japan, American, People's Liberation Army... Tell them to pool resources and to prepare for a possible invasion. Tell as many as you can, for we do not know where the breach will appear."

Ubu nods and leaves with haste to prrform his task.

Ras takes one more look at the images on the main screen before he leaves as well. For, there is a lot of preparations to be made if they are to welcome this new 'partner'.

A few minutes later, a shadow drops down from the rafters. Clad in green and wearing a cat-themed mask, the assassin looks at the images that Zola provided of the Team's exploits. She focuses on a blonde-haired archer in green. She reaches a hand toward the screen only to pull it back halfway upon hearing a pair of hushed voices from the other side of the entry doors

Worried about being caught, she turns around to leave.

But, before she does, she leans close to the holoscreen image of the blonde archer and whispers:

"Hãy an toàn, em gái yêu dấu của anh*..."

________

__________________

_______________________________________

*Be safe, my beloved sister...