Chapter 9: Meanwhile on Earth-16...

A/N: To anyone that read that in the Superfriends Narrator Voice, your are now my new best friends!

Also, I know I said a week. But that was before I discovered that I like Role Playing as my OC; which in-turn inspired me to make a new version of one of my old books.

Anyway, enjoy the next part of "Ultimate Justice"!

_______________________________________

Mount Justice
Earth-16
June 3
12:45 EDT

After recording and sending the message to Bunker Alpha to be transmitted across the Multiverse, Mr. Graves returns to the main room. Here, he finds Flash, Batman, and Atom rescanning the area for the two hundredth time.

"Like I said before," the trillionaire shouts in annoyance, "you're not going to find anything!"

"So what do you want us to do?" Flash shouts angrily. "Sit around and do nothing, while my nephew is...is..."

The Scarlet Speedster leaves the words unsaid, but the horror filled expression on his face speaks volumes.

"Barry, it's going to be fine," Dr. Palmer reassures. "We're going to find him--them. And, we're going to bring them home."

"I certainly hope so," the speedster confides. "Or else my wife is gonna kill me for losing our nephew."

He chuckles a little, his face softening.

When his phone goes off, they all stare at Mr. Graves, who in turn smirks at the screen proudly. For, he just recieved the message he was waiting for:

The Board would like to see you and your League in order to discuss strategy.

He looks up at those in attendance, smirking.

"Who's that?" Flash jokes. "The niece?"

"No," Mr. Graves chuckles. "The Board. They would like to speak with us, and the rest of the League. They want to... advise us and talk strategy."

"No offense," the speedster says, "but we don't need a bunch of fat cats and shareholders telling us how our search affects the bottom line."

"Now... I don't know what kind of company you think I run," Mr. Graves snarls in the speedster's face. "But this Board has some of the best tactical and strategic minds in all of existence."

He turns his attention to The Batman.

"The Watchtower. One hour," he stated cordially. "I expect All to be in attendance."

"You have my word," The Bat nods.
_______________________________________

Watchtower
Earth-16
June 3
13:45 EDT

Mr. Graves stands at the head of a long table. Seated at which is every member of the Justice League.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice," he greets.

"Your courtesy is appreciated, but what exactly is the purpose of this meeting?" Wonder Woman asks.

"Well, let's review what we know," Mr. Graves says motioning to the Flash.

"Well...," the Scarlet Speedster starts. He displays a recording of the events that occurred that morning. "Early this morning, this new villain calling himself Music Miester was seen robbing a banks all across Central City. He was controlling the guards and civilians with the high notes in his songs. He was also using a violin-shaped device to literally dodge my punches. After awhile, he started using the civilians as attack dogs, to keep me at bay.

"When I called for back up, Wally and his Team showed up and took on Music Miester, while I got the civilians out. Miss Martian was able to shield our minds from his control. Eventually, the guy went down, and Robin recovered the device..."

"And he took it back to the Cave," Batman picks up. "So that I could study it later. In the meantime, he ordered Kid Flash to keep an eye on it."

"But the Kid," GA states disgruntedly, "treated it like one of his 'souvenirs', and he fidgeted with it; causing a portal to open up and drag him, Artemis, and anyone else in the vicinity off to who knows where!!!!"

Everyone stares at Green Arrow after his outburst. Black Canary was seated next to him and placed a comforting hand on the blonde archer's shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes. "But... it's just... I promised her mother that I would keep her safe... and... how can I do that if I don't know where she is... I...."

"Oliver," Mr. Graves states sympathetically. "I know exactly how you feel. My own son is missing with her, with them. That is why I have summoned you all here, so that you can meet my team of advisors and strategists. W.I.L.S.O.N!"

"Yes, sir?" the Computer replies in its typical British accent.

"Is the Board assembled?"

"Yes, sir. All fifty other members, every guest seat, and the head chairman are awaiting your presence. Each with at least one member of their own Justice League organization."

"Their own Justice League...?" The Flash questions curiously.

Mr. Grave just smirks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," he says cordially. "I present to you...The Board of Infinite Directors..."

To Be Continued...